Am I the only MGS fan who doesn't have a problem with Hayter not voicing BB?

#1 Posted by Sonumb92 (269 posts) -

Seems like everywhere I look, all I see is people yelling and crying over David Hayter not voicing Big Boss this time around. As someone who has played and loves the MGS series, I have no problem with David Hayter not playing Big Boss. Love him as Solid and Naked Snake, but he should have been gone after Guns of the Patriots. Furthermore(bring on the hate, if you haven't already) I'm excited that Kiefer Sutherland is playing Big Boss in Phantom Pain. 

#2 Posted by Sheik2 (46 posts) -

No, you are not the only one. People love to be bitching around for everything. I know that Kojima must have had a good reason for this. Kiefer Sutherland may have a different voice but it still very similar to David Hayter, not a big difference for me, it's almost the same "style" that fits Snake.

Anyway, true MGS fans will buy this game, regardless about the voice change of Snake. If you see some people whining too much about this saying stuff like "I'm not buying", then you can be sure they are:

1.- Trolls (poor attepmt, probably xbox fanboys burned because they never had the chance of playing MGS4)

2.- Stupid kids in general... because again people who are fans of the series won't care about a simple voice change. And if they weren't fans at all in any way, then they wouldn't have any reason to be used to the voice of david hayter anyway. You see, they contradict themselves alone LOL.

#4 Posted by tonic (3967 posts) -

I don't have a problem with someone else voicing Snake. So far I barely notice the difference. I can understand how people could have a legitmate issue with that though. As an example consider the difference between Cyborg Ninja MGS PS1 and Cyborg Ninja MGS Nintendo. The original MGS Ninja was significantly better.

#5 Posted by dentui (951 posts) -
No problem. Still it sucks on how he was treated(Hayter) after all these years. I still think he will be in the game.
#6 Posted by Hiddai (6115 posts) -
i don't mind also
#7 Posted by xxZiggyxx (404 posts) -

I think Kiefer is just there to voice Ishmael...I still believe that David Hayter will be voicing Big Boss again...

#8 Posted by BrantleySalter (2878 posts) -

While I would certainly prefer David Hayter to play the role, no I don't have a problem with it.  In fact it kind of makes sense as Big Boss is getting older and we know from MGS4 that his voice eventually changes.  Personally though, I would have gone with John Cygan, both in this game and as Big Boss in MGS4.

#9 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -
Hayter might have a special Iroquois Pliskin role to voice.
#10 Posted by Sheik2 (46 posts) -

I think Kiefer is just there to voice Ishmael...I still believe that David Hayter will be voicing Big Boss again...

xxZiggyxx

Didn't you watch the new trailer? Kiefer Sutherland is voicing Big Boss when he said: "Kaz it's me, I'm here to get you out"

#11 Edited by soilworker651 (25 posts) -

I'm fine with the change, I just don't like how Hayter was shown the door in such a disrespectful way. It was a little weird initially seeing Snake speak and hearing Kiefer Sutherland's voice come out, but it's a change I've come to welcome and I can deal with it.

Whichever side you're on, there's no way to experience the full impact until Phantom Pain is released anyway... Just as Kojima wants it. =]

#12 Posted by jinosu (25 posts) -

Does nobody else see what's going on with this series? It's going full circle!

It's only a matter of time before the 1st and 2nd game get remade and we have the ultimate matchup between big boss and solid snake!

It would be very odd to have David Hayter voice both characters.

I don't believe David Hayter got the shaft; he just got put on hold for a short while.

#14 Posted by Herrick (4528 posts) -

It's a little sad not having Hayter voice the character. I wish they would've picked someone who isn't as recognizable as Sutherland. I really enjoyed 24 but I don't want to think of Jack Bauer while playing a Metal Gear Solid game. Anyway, I'll definitely be buying this game. It'll most likely be one of the few games I'll buy as soon as it's released.

#15 Edited by matt2790 (184 posts) -

I think, as Big Boss is getting older and at the same time he is getting darker, he could use this new voice.

In addition, I have this fantasy: next MGS after this one will probably be a remake of first Metal Gear, therefore we are going to see both an older Big Boss (voiced by Kiefer) and a young Solid Snake (voiced by David)... please someone tell me I'm not the only one dreaming with this..

#16 Posted by Mitch0712 (40 posts) -

I like the new voice. But I also don't really associate it with 24 since I never watched much of the show.

Avatar image for ThisIsMyAccount
#17 Posted by ThisIsMyAccount (30 posts) -

After rewatching hours upon hours of the previous metal gears in preparation for the phantom pain I'm actually a little tired of David Haytor. After understanding the story better I've also realized how different Solid Snake is from Big Boss so I actually appreciate the distinction from the different voices. Big Boss is no where near as friendly and social as Solid.

#18 Edited by lucifel0 (289 posts) -

Well, I was not upset that David Hayter is not voicing Big Boss this time. Kiefer Sutherland's voice is a bit of a gimmick imo. But after playing the game for almost a week... Kiefer Sutherland's voice can be awkward... Jack Bauer's voice can be a bit too dramatic for a veteran like Big Boss... And... Too Jack Bauer... "Talk" "Where are your friends" These will be the 2 lines you will hear a hunderd times... lol

#19 Posted by man4the1 (45 posts) -

Nope, he excitement over getting my hands on the game made me totally forget about the absence of DH. To be honest, I like what Sutherland did with snake. It creates the feeling of a tired war veteran who's still a badass.

So no, you're not the only one.