Why is multiplayer dead, There's no one joining public slots.

#1 Posted by clsmithj (216 posts) -

Like this Saturday, Sunday and now Monday, and i barely can get any public squads going.

#2 Posted by iponce96 (25 posts) -
What system are you playing on? XBOX, PS3, PC...?
#3 Posted by Abberon (328 posts) -
The multiplayer is dead because it sucks. The only reason the vast majority of people played it (like myself) was to get 100% war readiness. Mass Effect 3, when you get down to it, is a very mediocre third person shooter. Uncharted, for example, does it FAR FAR better. When there are better shooter games out there and when you can actually play against PEOPLE (ie not just repeatedly beating down AI that doesn't learn or adapt), why would you bother playing ME3 MP?
#4 Posted by spenceslivn (37 posts) -

The Multiplayer didn't suck, but it got old quick.  This is b/c of the lack of credits per time played.  The reason to play is unlock stuff, which was fun, but gold or silver either takes annoying long or lacks any real credit reward.  When they added platinum and the rocket glitch became widely known, it allowed players who wanted a break to just go blow crap up if they wanted and unlock stuff.  BioWare was stupid for "fixing" it, and I think that killed it.  It wasn't cheating; it's multiplayer where you play against the computer, not ppl, so why does BioWare care and get involved.  I stopped playing immediately.  If they increased credits or fixed the packs so you stopped getting crap, maybe I will come back.

#5 Posted by Skarwolf (2263 posts) -

The Multiplayer didn't suck, but it got old quick.  This is b/c of the lack of credits per time played.  The reason to play is unlock stuff, which was fun, but gold or silver either takes annoying long or lacks any real credit reward.  When they added platinum and the rocket glitch became widely known, it allowed players who wanted a break to just go blow crap up if they wanted and unlock stuff.  BioWare was stupid for "fixing" it, and I think that killed it.  It wasn't cheating; it's multiplayer where you play against the computer, not ppl, so why does BioWare care and get involved.  I stopped playing immediately.  If they increased credits or fixed the packs so you stopped getting crap, maybe I will come back.

spenceslivn

To translate from the whining what he's saying is;

"I wanna be able to cheat and get everything I want in one game if I don't I'm not playing !!!!1"

#6 Posted by Abberon (328 posts) -

The Multiplayer didn't suck, but it got old quick.  This is b/c of the lack of credits per time played. spenceslivn

The multiplayer sucked. The fact that you didn't like it because you couldn't just easily unlock items all of the time tells us how much you're really into the whole multiplayer experience. Might I suggest "Hello Kitty Island Adventure"?

#7 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

I liked and like it, still playing it occassionally. All I hope for is they aadd something to the MP that will give it some weight on it's own and not just help for SP.

#8 Posted by l4dgamerfan (4175 posts) -

The multiplayer is dead because it sucks. The only reason the vast majority of people played it (like myself) was to get 100% war readiness. Mass Effect 3, when you get down to it, is a very mediocre third person shooter. Uncharted, for example, does it FAR FAR better. When there are better shooter games out there and when you can actually play against PEOPLE (ie not just repeatedly beating down AI that doesn't learn or adapt), why would you bother playing ME3 MP?Abberon
And yet you seem to care so much about it that you came on this forum, and decided to post on a topic about multiplayer. That's really pathetic isn't it?

#9 Posted by Abberon (328 posts) -
LoL l4dgamerfan. I provided an answer as to why ME multiplayer is dead. It's the real answer. There are way better multiplayer experiences out there and people are playing those instead of this. As for what's pathetic, look to yourself. Having just finished ME3 a week or so ago, I came to the Gamespot forums to discuss my experience. Having just slogged through the ME3 multiplayer and having found it incredibly lacking, I decided to post as such. For some reason you got your panties all twisted by this and trolled me for it, which really makes you wonder. Why the heck would you make this personal? How do you get so invested in a game that you need to defend it like that? This, my friend, is pathetic.
#10 Posted by Torino818 (150 posts) -

The multiplayer doesn't suck, nor is it brilliant. Its just okay and unfortunately with so many other shooters out there (COD, Battlefield, etc.) it just doesn't stack up against them. I still play it normally by myself or a friend but for the most, unfortunately most people played the series was for the campaign, the multiplayer seems to just be a bit of an after thought and isn't neccessary to get the best ending. They could have made it a ton better by allowing you to buy guns instead of packs.

#11 Posted by TwoArmedMan15 (26 posts) -

The multiplayer doesn't suck, nor is it brilliant. Its just okay and unfortunately with so many other shooters out there (COD, Battlefield, etc.) it just doesn't stack up against them. I still play it normally by myself or a friend but for the most, unfortunately most people played the series was for the campaign, the multiplayer seems to just be a bit of an after thought and isn't neccessary to get the best ending. They could have made it a ton better by allowing you to buy guns instead of packs.

Torino818

I totally agree about the packs. It's quite frustrating and takes some fun out of the game when you're continually given crap, even from the Spectre packs. They shouldn't have made item acquisition totally random. The multiplayer would be more enjoyable if the player had more choice in how they progressed, but then I guess EA wouldn't be able to tempt people into microtransactions... (It kind of bugs me that a paid game has this F2P feature.)

The new N7 classes, particularly the Slayer, have made the multiplayer less enjoyable for me too. They really need to tone down some of the new biotic abilities, or increase cooldown time. It seems like every game I get into anymore, there's at least one person playing as an N7 Slayer with nothing but a pistol so that he can continually spam biotic slash and hog all of the kills.

#12 Posted by zekere (2531 posts) -

I play on PS3, and it is all but dead, always games to be found, although bronze gets old real quick. I like silver, and the slayer doesn't get all the kills, because my geth snipers are quicker than them. There are a lot of slayers though, but they aren't as though as they seem the first time you use them, and on gold, they need to be very careful or they die all the time.

#13 Posted by drev87 (253 posts) -

Multiplayer isn't dead, not even close. I play atleast 4 to 6 rounds a day and never have any problem finding games. Finding good players on the other hand is a different story.

#14 Posted by zekere (2531 posts) -

Multiplayer isn't dead, not even close. I play atleast 4 to 6 rounds a day and never have any problem finding games. Finding good players on the other hand is a different story.

drev87

Some have good days and bad days...also, I have some characters I play eyes shut and others where I seem N7 level1...

#15 Posted by blackfirefox (25 posts) -
Are you kidding me, I was on last night for 2 hours and could not find a single game, I am replaying ME3 with the Leviathan DLC and want to get my rating up to 100% Having to use MultiPlayer to get Galactic Readiness to 100% at this point sucks, there is no replay value with the game when no one is on to play with.
#16 Posted by Torino818 (150 posts) -

You don't have to get your multiplayer score up.  You only have to fill your EMS gauge which is possible at just 50% galactic readiness to get the best ending