SirReapalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SirReapalot
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I really hope someone could help me with this. Here's the deal: I finished the mission Priority: The Citadel II and went to speak to Liara (so that I could take the relationship to "the next level") and nothing happened. Liara would just say some generic lines that she "likes the place" and "hello shepard" etc like a normal citadel character but no conversation between her and shepard is started. History: I romanced her in ME 1 and in ME 2 it gets tricky because I wanted to romance Tali and got with her to the point where she says that she will find a way to be with shepard (at this point all I had to do was go to the collector homeworld and Tali would get it on with Shepard) BUT I did the Lair of the Shadow Broker dlc and decided to rekindle the relationship with Liara in the captain's cabin on the Normandy. After that I did the suicide mission and also got it on with Tali. In ME3, on the other hand, I gave Liara only "polite" answers the whole time since the beginning of the game, to be sure that I would romance her and I even got up right to the Time Capsule part. When I finished the mission Priority: The Citadel II, no further dialogue to romance Liara was possible (not even the mail to meet her on the citadel was received-although I got mail from Jack, and the reporter etc).
Temperedelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Temperedelm
Member since 2010 • 290 Posts
Did you stop between every mission to track her down on both the Normandy and Citadel to give her a hug?
SirReapalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SirReapalot
Yep. I even got the part with the time capsule.
Temperedelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Temperedelm
The time capsule part (I'm fairly sure) is not optional. If you missed the part on the citadel where you meet her near the Meridian Place Market in the Presidium Commons or (if it was not missed) you chose the "Lets be friends option" (which may have happened) she can not be your romantic interest.
SirReapalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SirReapalot
That's just it... After finishing "Priority: The Citadel II" mission, I went straight to her to talk. But when I got there, she just said generic stuff... no conversation no nothing. I dunno what happened, nobody on the internet complained about this issue (and I searched extensively, I might be the only person who encountered this bug, damn).
Temperedelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Temperedelm
Well I'm not 100% sure but I think you missed 1 vital conversation with her that triggers the romance option, though it is difficult to figure out which. There is no known romance bug with Liara hence why I believe you simply missed something.
SirReapalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SirReapalot
I dunno, maybe I will load a very old save lol. The thing that there is no known liara romance bug might be related to the awkward thing I did in mass effect 2 and thus I might be the only person on the planet to have encountered the bug:-O Anyway, thanks for your help.
CraZkid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 CraZkid37
Member since 2003 • 530 Posts

@SirReapalot: I know it's 7 years later but I'm playing now and I have the same problem. I was originally with Miranda in ME2 so I worked on the trick where you quietly break up with her to change course of events plus romance someone else but key options never showed up with Liara when they should have. Starting to think I confused the game pursuing both. I didn't even have the key options with Miranda on the 3rd visit to lock her in even if I wanted to so I know the trick worked (among other reasons). So yeah, you're not alone. :-(