User Rating: 8.5 | Mario Party 8 WII
Explain to me why ANYONE didn't like this game. Mario Party 8 is just an ambitious party game that everyone wanted to play and like. And that's just what it succeeded in doing. If anyone thinks otherwise, stuff me into a turkey and call me turducken. (Even considering the fact that I played at my pastor's house)

THE GOOD

Successfully fun multiplayer party gameplay. Visuals tie into the game that gives it the old-school feel. Board game wrapper comes with a few surprises of its own for the better. The minigames came with reasonably helpful instructions on how to play them. Reasonable roster of Mario characters to party as.

THE BAD

Some minigames were frustrating and surprisingly easy to fail. The board game wrapper does get old after a while, considering the fact that it's one of the oldest game recyclables.

Gameplay: 9/10 (A)
Entertainment: 9/10 (A)
Style: 8/10 (B)
Amusement: 8.5/10 (B+)
Smarts: 8.5/10 (B+)
Recommendation: 4 out of 5 (near-perfect chance)

RENT, BUY, OR SKIP?:

I would consider renting this game, but for diehard fans, I would cash in for buy.

I love Mario, but he could've crippled like Sonic always does. But he rises over the rubble in a way that isn't easily forgotten. There are lots of Mario games that are better than critics say they are. Mario Party 8 is one of them. Slap me with a cucumber and call me a bit of a pickle, but peel away the sordid skin it bears, and you can find a real piece of party magic.

(Score: 8.5 out of 10 = great)