Franchise mode is where I spend all my time. Four seasons down and still fun.

User Rating: 9 | Madden NFL 12 X360
Franchise mode is where I spend all my time. Four seasons down and still fun. I only buy a Madden about every three years because it seems to take them that long to make real progress. Compared to the last Madden I owned (Madden 09) this is a great game. I wish they would take out the My Player mode (or whatever it is called) and focus on making the Franchise mode deeper. The graphics, sound, commentating, menus...it's all ho-hum to me and nothing spectacular. The gameplay is what really matters in a football game and they have nailed it. The AI sliders are invaluable to crafting a personalized and challenging game. You can tweak them as you get better, which is really where the replay value comes from.

I wish they would just take all the hoopla, gimmicky crap out of the game and focus on gameplay more. I don't care to play My Player mode, or "Great Games from this Season", or Madden Card teams...I've never played any of these sub-games. Make My Player a separate disc/game altogether, because it's clogging up the pipes and hindering progression of the game.

I'm sure you've played Madden before, so there is nothing really new to tell. If you've enjoyed Madden's of the past...buy it, play it, you'll like it.