As a first in the series on the shiny new console, it delivers the expected.

User Rating: 8.5 | LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 3DS
The first thing that strikes you about Lego Star Wars is that it looks just as good as the Wii version, if not better. The shiny new feature in this version of the multiformat title is of course the 3D and in that respect it really does help to make it feel like a new game.

Of course, it isn't a new game and in every other aspect it is the tried and tested game format TT games have been pushing like game crack for a number of years. Each title slightly increasing in evolution.

That isn't a bad thing, however the main problem is the content this time around really isn't that appealing compared to Batman, the original Star Wars or Harry Potter. I would just love to play Harry Potter Years 1-4 on the 3DS as I could see it being the ultimate version. In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it appear around Christmas as a "Harry Potter: The Complete Saga" once the final film hits. (TT games, thats a seriously big hint.. I really want you to do this)

On the other hand, as a launch title its certainly one of the best. It plays as you'd expect it to play, no real surprises apart from the occasional Ooo Ahh moments when things literally pop out the screen at you.

So although it isn't the best title in the Lego series, it does deliver a very good game which has bundles of replay value, is pleasing on the eye and gives all 3DS owners one of the better versions of this title.

Now, I can't wait for the new Pirates game! safe in the knowledge the team at TT can do justice to it on this shiny new console.