Still break it out every now and then

User Rating: 7 | LEGO Racers PC
I used to play this game a ton. It was before I got into video games, before I owned any systems. This is a simple game, so I'll give a simple review:

The good: The items are fun, even if some are a bit overpowered (portal warp) You'd be surprised how satisfying it is to hit someone with a cannonball while racing. The create a character/vehicle is surprisingly deep, and a lot of fun. The tracks are creative and colorful, and full of shortcuts to discover to shave time off your scores. The final level against Rocket Racer is satisfying and hard (the first time at least), and so are the ghost races with the girl racer (can't remember her name)

The bad: First off, there's really only 13 tracks (and no I don't count the same track backwards as a different track) Not much to be said for the music, mostly a bland mixture of peppy tunes.

All in all, this was a really fun game, but I have trouble giving it a high score due to its over simplistic gameplay (not completely a bad thing) and a lack of replay value (aside from replaying it for nostalgia's sake)