Kane and Lynch are back and they're doing the exact same thing all over again.

User Rating: 6 | Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days X360
Kane and Lynch are back and they're doing the exact same thing all over again.

Don't be fooled by the first few missions of Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days, because you'll soon get used to doing the same thing over, and over, and over again.

The story kicks off in Shanghai, China. Lynch is waiting for Kane to arrive for an important "deal" that's about to go down. This "deal" goes horribly wrong and Kane and Lynch are on the run from just about every force in the entire city.

You'll spend about 95% percent of the game just shooting and the other 5% watching the well-constructed cut-scenes. It doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing, if you can find a gun, you have to shoot it at someone.

The story mode is incredibly short and will take you no more than 5 hours to complete. You'll spend most of it playing as Lynch, although you'll play as Kane towards the end. You can also play the story in co-op, which will result in the reversal of characters. The second player will play as Kane for most of the story, then as Lynch for the remainder.
The story mode ends very abruptly and is sure to confuse and annoy the player. It seems that watching an air plane take off just isn't an appropriate way to end a game.

Aside from most of the negative points, this game does have a few positive ones. The graphics are incredible and the ambitious camera style definitely pays off. The gameplay appears as though it is shot through a home-video camera. It truly does make you think you are a part of the game. The sound effects are also very awesome. IO interactive have definitely spent a lot of time fine-tuning various weapon sounds to make them sound fully authentic.

With these opinions in mind, Kane and Lynch 2 is definitely worth a play. It is recommended that you hire the game before, just in case you are mislead and end up getting stuck with it for years to come. It appears as though there may be a sequel, so we should hope that much will be changed and it will be more impressive than the last.