Is there any way to get infinite ammo or stamina?

#1 Posted by lotusclown (229 posts) -

simply put this game sucks,  but for ALL the wrong reasons!   i have never played a game that has made me miss codebreaker and gameshark more than this one..   its not even realistic how your stamina goes down when your hanging on certin things,  and i'm pretty sure i could find more bullets for a gun if i went out in real life searching for them in nooks an crannies,  it doesn't make any sense!   and what is so infuriating is that when playing this game all the while u are aware of just how fun and awesome it would be if u only weren't held back by a stupid stamina gauge and had MUCH more ammo..    i read on another gaming site that u could get infinite ammo and stamina by beating it on hard mode but that isn't going to happen..  EVER!  IMPOSSIBLE!  i'd have an easier time going outside in a thunderstorm and trying to dodge rain..   so is that really the ONLY way to unlock *fun mode*  on this game?

and please no comments trolling me for not appreciating the insane difficulty,  some of us still actually play videogames for  *entertainment purposes*

#2 Posted by Narutogx2 (103 posts) -

Dude Its A ****ing Survival Adventure Game In A Post-Ruined City...Bullets Are Going To Be Hard As Hell To Find...Its Not Like U Can Buy More, And Btw The Stamina System Would Be Realistic If U Tried To Climb A Damn Building Without A Harness And Stuff...Point Stated, lol

P.S. I Don't Think There Is Infinite Ammo Nor Infinite Stamina, And If U Don't Like The Game As Is, Don't Play It, Plain And Simple

#3 Posted by edwardecl (2240 posts) -
I agree this game is a pile of crap and is not fun because you can screw up way too easily. The fact that your stamina bar and be permanently reduced to almost nothing is stupid. The game punishes you for not knowing what you are doing. At one point I had reached the next save point with almost no stamina left and nothing in the inventory to get it back to anything useful. Then it wanted me to go down into the dust cloud/fog and I died within 10 seconds not enough time to reach the pipe let alone climb it. So I had to reload from an older save point because i could not go back and pick up some supplies I missed, so much fun there. At least in other survival type games you can usually fix your current situation without loading an older save. Game is clearly not finished and is more like a tech demo than a game. And the retries max out at 5 so there is almost no point wasting a bullet and getting the retry in the mall, because again you just screw yourself later and have one less bullet and fail so many times trying to kill 3 people with no ammo. And to put the final touch on it the enemies seem to have infinite ammo but when you kill them you either get 0 or 1 bullet ?!? I had to slop playing it at the bit where you use the lift to get up the tower as the control were so bad climbing the pipes and sliding down the broken floor i kept grappling on to stuff rather than rolling sliding left using all my stamina up then using a retry up because I don't have enough supplies to fix it. Plus when you drop down about a metre you take a chunk out of your health but there no other way of going around for another go at it. It's just a stupid design. I like a bit of trial and error but that is extreme.
#4 Posted by ihateds2 (324 posts) -

Just a suggestion: Play the game on Easy, even if you think that it is beneath you. Every new game that I pick up that I'm unfamiliar with I play on the lowest difficulty for the first playthrough. That way you can learn the mechanics, learn where you can pick up items, what items you should save, and remember tough spots.

If you still screwed it up on the lowest difficulty(which has infinite retries), then this game is not for you, sorry, but it happens. All gamers have genres of games where they're not as good as usual.

If you are gripped by a sense of shame whenever you have to play a game on "Easy", like those weak-ass n00bs that you despise, then reevaluate your outlook on life. You just might be a massive tool.

Edit: Just read online that "Easy" mode is only for the PC, if you're playing it on a console, I apologize for the post. Disregard what I said.

#5 Posted by inquisitorlee (25 posts) -

I have finished this game 5 times already on Survival difficulty. I took me 5.5 hours in my first playthrough. My most recent is under 2 hours (1:59:56), 120% score.

Understand the game mechanics and be patient. Gaming instincts also applies here. Get a grip on these and you will swear this game is quite easy. Don't worry having no bullets at all. The game will provide the least amount of bullets required to survive a combat. I find myself magically produce 1 bullet before a fight whenever I have zero ammo. You might not be able to rescue victims though, you should save bullets whenever you can.

Don't be stingy on using items (especially soda cans, fruit cocktails, pitons, painkillers and adrenaline syringes). Use if needed. If you have more than 2 of that item then it's safe to consume one for your needs.

Always take out guys with guns first and grab their guns immediately. If outnumbered, take out the leader first. Others will surrender if the leader is taken out. Listen to their voices to identify the leader. The leader is always either a buff bandana dude or a big healthy negro.

If this doesn't float your boat then you better be sailing on other waters. This game ain't for you.

#6 Posted by 7thpitbull (25 posts) -

Dude Its A ****ing Survival Adventure Game In A Post-Ruined City...Bullets Are Going To Be Hard As Hell To Find...Its Not Like U Can Buy More, And Btw The Stamina System Would Be Realistic If U Tried To Climb A Damn Building Without A Harness And Stuff...Point Stated, lol

P.S. I Don't Think There Is Infinite Ammo Nor Infinite Stamina, And If U Don't Like The Game As Is, Don't Play It, Plain And Simple

Narutogx2
Really? O_o You must be one of the ones out there that is not aware that 8 out of 10 homes in the US have several firearms. Roughly 6 out of the 8 homes have well over 100 rounds. Don't forget that the city was balls deep in undamaged hummers. I served 6 years in the army, and we were not allowed to roll out of the depot with anything less than 2,000 rounds for our primary weapons. That's not including the 9-30 round magazines we carried on our person. Then figure in our sidearms. Then take in to consideration that even F***ing Walmart keeps a hell of a selection of ammo both in sporting goods and in the back. Then add law enforcement. Even a small sheriffs department has a well stocked armory of no less than 10,000 rounds of multiple calibers. In a situation like that ammunition would be the ONLY thing you wouldn't have a hard time finding. Then there is the stamina..UN-realistic as hell. My wife who has NO climbing experience at all can hold on to a ledge for 4 times longer...any one could unless they weigh more that 250 lbs. The character you play as is not only experienced but hardened over a long travel according to the story before you ever get to the city were the game picks up. I personally enjoyed the game even tho it has its flaws, damn big flaws at that. Fun but CLEARLY unfinished.
#7 Posted by tobykennedy (36 posts) -

reading this made me laugh, that is the whole point of the game. I have completed this game on survivor difficulty without even having to use health items more than a few times, as well as saving all the survivors. You're lack of ammo is down to careless use, by about half way through ill be carrying about 4 or 5 bullets in the handgun, 5 in my shotgun and a replenish able arrow with my bow. I think what we can gath from this post is that you don't understand survival games. Good lord you would have hated resident evil

#8 Posted by Hortey (1366 posts) -

This is why gaming is in the state it is atm...

Games are labeled garbage because they do exactly what they mean to, and what they mean to do is something different than the rest of the genre.  It's not supposed to be realistic, it's a survival game built like a large puzzle.  Everything you do has consequences, if you get into a tough spot it's all about what you do in those moments and how much you lose pulling yourself out of it.... and what you have left decides what risks you take in the future, and how you go about taking those risks with what you have.

Sorry you didn't like it, welcome to what gaming felt like years and years ago when there wasn't a template for every genre.  There were lots of games that you wound up not liking, but at the same time, there were a lot that REALLY struck a good point with you and became games that you compared everything to.  ATM there seems to be 2 types of gamers:

1.Gamers who like the really easy shallow games like COD, GoW, and whatnot

2. Gamers who miss playing games and genres that aren't being made anymore.

#9 Posted by Ratsneve (397 posts) -

Well, if you played it on a PC you could use a trainer.  I did and it worked well--infinite ammo _and_ stamina.  But be warned that I thought the ending was terrible.  My 2 cents.

#10 Posted by Ratsneve (397 posts) -

This is why gaming is in the state it is atm...

Games are labeled garbage because they do exactly what they mean to, and what they mean to do is something different than the rest of the genre.  It's not supposed to be realistic, it's a survival game built like a large puzzle.  Everything you do has consequences, if you get into a tough spot it's all about what you do in those moments and how much you lose pulling yourself out of it.... and what you have left decides what risks you take in the future, and how you go about taking those risks with what you have.

Sorry you didn't like it, welcome to what gaming felt like years and years ago when there wasn't a template for every genre.  There were lots of games that you wound up not liking, but at the same time, there were a lot that REALLY struck a good point with you and became games that you compared everything to.  ATM there seems to be 2 types of gamers:

1.Gamers who like the really easy shallow games like COD, GoW, and whatnot

2. Gamers who miss playing games and genres that aren't being made anymore.

Hortey

There is a 3rd type of gamer...  Gamers who expect an ending that resolves lose-ends and doesn't leave you feeling 'wtf' when the credits roll.  I think this game originally might have promised more but ended up unfinished.

#11 Posted by TemporaryTroll (1 posts) -

You are all fags .