A brand new hack and slash Vita game!

User Rating: 9 | Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed VITA
I've never been one to shy away from hack and slash games especially when it comes to games like Shinovi Vs., and Soul Sacrifice Delta. Now since Hyperdimension Neptunia came to join the mix, I absolutely had to try this for myself and even more so when I found out Tamsoft was behind it. In a nutshell, HN U Action Unleashed is basically what you would expect so the game is actually really fun and rpg aspects remained intact for the most part. Animation wise, Hyperdimension Neptunia has never looked any smoother and the added flare makes this appeal to even casual gamers. You still have to take in quests which I really liked especially since you can choose to take them on solo or with a buddy. The more you play with that buddy, the better your friendship becomes just like the previous games. However there are a few things that have dwindled down the overall replay value like the absence of money and shopping for better items. Yeah, it's a bummer but it's not enough to destroy the game entirely and in the end, I was able to look past that. The story is nothing short of the usual zany nonsense that makes the series as great as it is today, so rest assured there. The same goes for voice acting and dubbing and now you can individually turn off character voices whenever you want so it never gets annoying. I really wish Tamsoft thought of this feature when they were developing Shinovi Vs. because there were alot of times when I wanted to rip my head from the repetitive yelling every time I did special moves! Thank you, Tamsoft! You'll also find yourself breezing the main story in a matter of 5 to 7 hours but that's expected from hack and slash games. I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it and I loved how Tamsoft was considerate enough to voice over every single scene, unlike my experience with Rebirth 1. If your an absolute fan of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series l, this game is well worth checking out. The normal price range is a bit much for what you get so of you can find it for cheaper, you should take the chance to buy it. File size, is no bigger than 1.5 Gigabytes so it makes for a great spot on a memory stick. Gameplay: 9, Graphics: 8, Sound: 10, Story: 9, Value: 9 Replayability: 8