So is this one of games that....

Avatar image for Fullm3talbadass
#1 Posted by Fullm3talbadass (508 posts) -
Feels like it will actually live up to all the hype. I mean from what i've seen this game will be incredible. It looks like everything i could hope to get out of a hitman sequal.
#2 Posted by q-bert39 (146 posts) -

Nah, its too gimmicky. They are going out of their way to show each feature of the game as something groundbreaking, which is what overhyped and ultimately disappointing games always do.

It will probably get an 8 or 8.5 max, since dishonored already got an overinflated score due to hype, and they have become desensitized.

#3 Posted by Frost71 (206 posts) -
Take it from someone who's been playing Hitman since the very first game. This game should incredible, they more or less take the same formula each game and improve upon it with better everything. It would be like saying you weren't sure if GTA 5 was going to be any good. Of course you know it's going to be good, because it's the same basic formula with a ton of improvements.
#4 Posted by zprophecy (25 posts) -

Take it from someone who's been playing Hitman since the very first game. This game should incredible, they more or less take the same formula each game and improve upon it with better everything. It would be like saying you weren't sure if GTA 5 was going to be any good. Of course you know it's going to be good, because it's the same basic formula with a ton of improvements. Frost71

Great post. Been waiting years for this game, I don't think it's going to dissapoint...then again I never get hyped for games anymore. They come out with new sequels every year for almost every game series now it seems, however this game has been in the making for awhile now. I get a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time enjoying this game, something about the Hitman games gives each level almost infinite replayability. Finally 47 returns 

#5 Posted by hughobrien (177 posts) -
Take it from someone who's been playing Hitman since the very first game. This game should incredible, they more or less take the same formula each game and improve upon it with better everything. It would be like saying you weren't sure if GTA 5 was going to be any good. Of course you know it's going to be good, because it's the same basic formula with a ton of improvements. Frost71
I'd have thought that about the Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell franchises, but both of those decided to move onto generic shooter territory and lost a lot of what made them special. I hope I'm wrong, but I've heard a few people say the same thing about this game.
#6 Posted by Carlos_D_F (25 posts) -

I'm really, really hoping this will live up to BM, which I adored and played so much of. PC Gamer review tho was... not so hot, unfortunately, but most other places being very positive. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

#7 Posted by DaDumb1 (3844 posts) -

[QUOTE="Frost71"]Take it from someone who's been playing Hitman since the very first game. This game should incredible, they more or less take the same formula each game and improve upon it with better everything. It would be like saying you weren't sure if GTA 5 was going to be any good. Of course you know it's going to be good, because it's the same basic formula with a ton of improvements. hughobrien
I'd have thought that about the Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell franchises, but both of those decided to move onto generic shooter territory and lost a lot of what made them special. I hope I'm wrong, but I've heard a few people say the same thing about this game.

The only people I've heard say this about the game are the ones who HAVEN'T played it. The ones who have are saying the exact opposite.

#8 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Frost71"]Take it from someone who's been playing Hitman since the very first game. This game should incredible, they more or less take the same formula each game and improve upon it with better everything. It would be like saying you weren't sure if GTA 5 was going to be any good. Of course you know it's going to be good, because it's the same basic formula with a ton of improvements. zprophecy

Great post. Been waiting years for this game, I don't think it's going to dissapoint...then again I never get hyped for games anymore. They come out with new sequels every year for almost every game series now it seems, however this game has been in the making for awhile now. I get a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time enjoying this game, something about the Hitman games gives each level almost infinite replayability. Finally 47 returns 

This is why franchises should be developed by the same dev house and not given to different ones. (BO2) That way, as zprophecy points out, the game can improve and evolve with each outing. Nothing irritates me more when features that enhanced a game are removed for no good reason.

Im currently downloading this as I type. I am little concerned that there is no load out screen, which probably means no customization, grrr, but we shall see. I have played all the Hitman games and there are excellent, with more replay value than almost any other.