Any chance that this Hitman title is open-world?

#1 Posted by Magnaxilorius (232 posts) -

I'm at the point in my gaming "career" where I don't care too much for games that aren't open-world. I was curious as to whether or not the new Hitman will be an open-world game?

#2 Posted by Clynol (26 posts) -

To put it simply... no its not open world

#3 Posted by funkyzoom (1531 posts) -

I'm at the point in my gaming "career" where I don't care too much for games that aren't open-world. I was curious as to whether or not the new Hitman will be an open-world game?

Magnaxilorius

Hitman's style of gameplay simply does not require an open world.

#4 Posted by rahmie0789 (277 posts) -

Its more like max payne 3 with bigger enviroments and options....

#5 Posted by mrjoe345 (25 posts) -
never played max paine 3 but so far all hitman games are of the best have played them all but not the new one
#6 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2074 posts) -

It has lots of ways to kill people and a fair number of routes you can take through the levels, but the openess of those choices is somewhat limited by the diguise and detection system. Since uniforms that others are wearing are easily seen as supcious, it considerably narrows your choices.

You can also kill targets and complete non target objectives in any order, but only within a checkpoint separated segment of a level, since you can't backtrack into prior segments. However not completing them linearly just adds unnecessary challenge.

So in some ways this game plays even more linearly than past Hitman titles, far from open world.