GameStop's review failed miserably on this game. Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl is highly addictive and basic on-the-go fun!

User Rating: 7.5 | Bokujou Monogatari: Harvest Moon Boy & Girl PSP
I am one of the fans of the Harvest Moon series. I'm glad I got this to start out with my PSP. It's one of my favorites. But I have to give an un-biased review and give you an in-depth look on Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl.

Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl is a direct port of two games - Harvest Moon: Back to Nature and Harvest Moon for Girls - the latter of which did not make it to the US. They were both on the PlayStation...the original one. It has a very poor menu, but what else does it need? All you choose is between Boy or Girl, Start and Continue. Its got charming, yet simple graphics, and undeniably fun and addictive gameplay with great controls.

PRESENTATION: 7.5/10

Keep it in mind that Boy & Girl is a port of two PS1 games, so I have to be a little nice in this section. The camera is kind-of off, and the characters look blocky. But nice, colorful environments help this area a bit. It's still charming, though.

GRAPHICS: 6.5/10

There are many great tasks to do, including farm work, planting and watering crops, chop wood, break stones, etc. but some of the funner things revolve outside of farmwork - like wooing a girl (or boy if you're playing the Girl version) so you can marry him or her and the fun festivals (the Tomato Festival, Horse Race, and Dog Race come to mind!).

GAMEPLAY: 8/10

The music is somehow annoying yet catchy at the same time. No voice work, and simple animal noises.

SOUND: 7/10

The game will last you a VERY long time, with lots of events to see, girls to woo, a wedding to plan, kids, raising and upgrading your farm, taking care of your farm animals, watching over your pets, and selling items, you must admit that this seemingly simple game is surprisingly deep.

LASTING APPEAL: 8/10

So, overall, Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl is an old-school experience that arrives in a great package that you'll have lots of fun with. So, don't listen to the critics. Listen to the fans.