Stuck after first Slytherin Duel

#1 Posted by MoffCH (25 posts) -

Finally got the game to load on my Windows 7 PC.  Game previously refused to start on my old XP machine.  Just trained with Weasly Twins and defeated first Slytherin Challenger.  Game is stuck immediately after duel win.  Harry is looking away on the right of the screen and the metal planet statue is in the bottom left of the screen.  None of the key commands work except Esc to go to the pause menu (Tab and all other movement or castings commands do not work.)

Anyone got stuck like this before or know how to get around this?  I have reloaded three times after the Delores Umbridge DADA class and I get stuck in the same place every time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cya

MoffCH

#2 Posted by nimd4 (136 posts) -

@MoffCH: Just playing it now, but I remember trying it - years ago and it had been a *bad* patch.. That was making some "problems", never got that far, originally. This time around, no (such) issues. =)

#3 Posted by MoffCH (25 posts) -

@nimd4: finally got passed the point, just had to restart from beginning, save before class, then keep tring until game progressed after fight. Thanks for replying.

#4 Posted by nimd4 (136 posts) -

@MoffCH said:

[..] just had to restart from beginning,

Ah, geez!.. From the beginning - of the game? :-0 Dang, anyway, cool that it's all good!! :) :)