Single player on Heroic

#1 Posted by Heclogit (377 posts) -

This is just a first impression but I'm not really digging this health system. It feels quite a bit like Call of Duty in the sense that after a couple shots you have to go run and hide. It isn't really how I remember the first Halo game feeling. As I think it takes away from the experience a little. It should atleast have health packs. But it really does feel like you are not suppose to tackle this game with close quarters. You gotta hang back and play careful. (like Call of Duty).

#2 Posted by C2N2 (759 posts) -

This is just a first impression but I'm not really digging this health system. It feels quite a bit like Call of Duty in the sense that after a couple shots you have to go run and hide. It isn't really how I remember the first Halo game feeling. As I think it takes away from the experience a little. It should atleast have health packs. But it really does feel like you are not suppose to tackle this game with close quarters. You gotta hang back and play careful. (like Call of Duty).

Heclogit

YOU HAVE TO PLAY INTELLIGENTLY AND SAFELY ON A HIGHER DIFFICULTY TO SUCCEED!?

0/10 preorder canceled

Any game that requires me to stop at any given time and actually think about something/use strategy is terrible and doesn't deserve to be made.

#3 Posted by VALikimlav (324 posts) -
Yeah, I think it feels just like all the other Halos. Playing with Active Camouflage actually reminds me of Crysis.
#4 Posted by Heclogit (377 posts) -

It's not so much that you have to play intelligently. It has a lot of cheap deaths and it doesn't really feel like a skirmish. It doesn't feel like you are a bad ass master chief. But all is good. I really like the online play. Campaign is pretty meh. You could call it some generic shooter name and I wouldn't have known the difference. It looks pretty good though.

#5 Posted by RAD_TRBO (52 posts) -

Yeah I completely understand I feel like your shield diminishes so quickly after like 2 shots from a grunt i have to run and hide, it gets a tad bit annoying. I like the whole strategy aspect because it actually took me some time to get through the campaign. However, I stated this in another post A LOT of the weapons honestly feel pathetic and not powerful against enemies. Not even the shotgun feels epic anymore, but like i said the gameplay, graphics, story, and new content make up for this minor problem.

#6 Posted by gutsallover (412 posts) -

I didn't find Heroic to be too difficult. I had to utilize cover a lot, but other than that there weren't many problems.

I do agree that some guns are underwhelming. Specifically, I found that the Storm Rifle and the Bolt Shot were completely useless. The Scattershot (I think that's what it's called) wasn't that great, but it worked for the parts that I needed it (it still works well against the Crawlers).

I found that sticking with a DMR/BR/Carbine/Light Rifle was the best way to go.