Im quite disappointed in this game, anyone else?

bolomon7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bolomon7
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
To start, i never had much expectations to start with, being that it was not a Bungie game, i figured it was going to go backwards on game function and playability. To me, i was semi right, it did go backwards, but by much farther than i had thought it would go. First off, it doesnt feel like Halo anymore. Sure, it had the look, and the Chief, but its not even the Covenant, its a rouge squadron? The Storm? Right, what a plot twist to me! 343 made a whole U turn and started driving this game backwards. Second, I sure did enjoy the Halo 3 gameplay, how it flowed and all, but that was an old game, time to upgrade! I liked the idea of bringing back old weapons, like the Carbine or Assault Rifle, and adding new weapons, but the shield is what kills me, really. I liked having health, and the fact that when you still had a shield, you were still "unharmed." Third, the game times. OH WOW! YOURE GOING TO FORCE US TO PLAY WHAT YOU WANT US TO PLAY? WHY NOT MAKE EVERYTHING AVAILABLE RIGHT AWAY? I want to play Grifball ANYTIME i want to, not for 2 weeks, and then wait 4 months to have the chance to play it again. Even Team Snipers, i want to go out and snipe whenever i want! How else are you supposed to get good at something if you cant train with it? I knew this was going to be bad when they removed good games from Reach, like Action Sack, a couple of the firefights, and other various game types. They limited the fun you can have in one game, so obviously they are going to limit the fun in another. Fourth, they limited armor abilities. Hardlight Shield, its a knockoff of Armor Lock, but it doesnt cover your rear, obviously quite useless in most situations. Jetpack, you no longer get a big air boost, just a small one, and the duration isnt long enough to save your life in a dire situation. Camo, slightly reduced the amount of time it is active, as well as with hologram. Using a copy is alright, you have the legal rights to do so.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#2 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I think they did a great job with this game and they keep updating the playlist to keep things fresh.Why would you lower your expectations just because it wasn't a bungie game.As of now they do have grifball on the playlist.If you don't like it then go back and play Halo 3 or Halo reach.
xBiophagex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xBiophagex
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I'm afraid so. Weapon stats were not designed well. Maps are dull. Perks/loadouts/ordnance drops were poor additions. The forunner robots did not make good enemies. The writing is the cliche crap that seems to have permeated most modern books/video games/tv shows.