TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

I can't get used to this game mechanic, when you roll out of the way : at best the enemy is still firing at me from a distance or he gets to close combat very fast, AND you'll often come into aggro with another mob ...

Anyone also disappointed by this?

xsfseal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 xsfseal
Member since 2004 • 510 Posts

Disagree. First learn to watch your surroundings. You can roll backwards from where you came; forward past the enemy as well, from which you can clearly see behind them. I can usually go a fight with a normal/veteran mob and come out with little to no damage taken because of dodging. Its also an excellent maneuver to make a run for it in a tight spot.

daman246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 daman246
Member since 2006 • 479 Posts

Actually Dodging is pretty usefull

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts
i love the mechanic, it actually puts more skill besides knowing the pattern into pve encounters and twitch can be used to compensate for mechanical errors. The only thing I hate is how a lot of the abilities with cast times often can misfire or be interrupted. If I were the designer I would retool many of the abilities to be instant casts with longer cool downs. Some of the directional+ channel+ cast time abilities are a bit too muchh.
vishisluv7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 vishisluv7
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

Didn't you notice all the "evade" when you roll? I usually roll through enemies and attack from the other side, because I can clearly see what's there, plus it looks cool.

Battlemed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Battlemed
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

the Dodge mechanism is CRUCIAL in both PVP/PVE. If you are finding it useless, you're doing something wrong, very wrong.

Dodge is a counter-move, that 1-second movement can determine your loss or win against an opponent. You don't have to over-use, you have to use it carefully.

TwiztedMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 TwiztedMetal
Member since 2007 • 866 Posts

Have fun in dungeons thats all I can say. If you don't evade some of the big attacks you will find your repair bills start to go on the rise.

I find it best in most cases to roll through the monster (right at them)  Most things will long range attacks in a specific direction and if your behind them well you're not getting hit.

I say all that with some experiance I've got 100% world completion and I just finished up all the dungeon stories. Evade/dodging saves lives! Its always good to study ones behaviors such as knock down attcks or big hits so you can learn to time everything just right.