Am I the only one who thinks the graphics stink?

jpetrolino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 jpetrolino
Member since 2002 • 3040 Posts

I know it's just a beta ... but I have to say ... The graphics look horrible ... We waited 4 years for this?

Kal036

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Kal036
Member since 2003 • 707 Posts

What kind of hobo system do you own? And are you comparing it to MMO's or to any games?

Razor4884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Razor4884
Member since 2009 • 80 Posts

Compared to other MMORPG's, GW2 has some of the best graphics out there. Rift and a maybe one other MMO could be considered to have "better" graphics, but that's often just a matter of opinion. Graphics, however, are only half the battle -- if that. Whatreally matters are theaesthetics, and GW2 exceeds at this. Nearly everything in GW2 feels like a painting, from the characters, to the environments, the game follows the same rich theme where-ever you go. Also, I assume that at the time of typing that, you had only played in a beta/stress test or two; Remember that the game is still going through optimization, so the "graphics" could still get better. (Did you or did you not max your graphics settings in the settings?)

dtrosaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 dtrosaly
Member since 2003 • 562 Posts

I thought they stunk too, not only did it not remind me of anything at all like a picture book, but a blurry mess. I will be getting the game regardless though cause its guild wars.

jpetrolino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 jpetrolino
Member since 2002 • 3040 Posts

I've already pre-ordered the game because I am very loyal to the series.  I got a lot of great playing time out of GW and all the installments thereafter.  Still, even maxing out the graphics on my PC which is a high end Alienware ... I was disappointed by the way they looked ... they were very rigid when I played the beta ... Hopefully optimization will make them tighter and smoother ...