drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I think enough time has passed where we can talk about this game objectively. It's easily apparent that while GTA V is loved by many, it doesn't stand nearly as tall as it did on 9/17. So I might as well dive into the problems I had with the game.

1. The game is not really revolutionary. Just feels like a refinement of previous GTA games.

2. The freeroam hasn't changed one bit. You just hijack cars, escape cops, harass people, and cause destruction. All the same things I did in San Andreas. Except in HD.

3. High lethality shortens your exploration freedom. It's near impossible to bike on rough terrain for too long.

4. The radio station songs (aside from the subjective complaint of being bad) are too scattered and random to capture a particular mood of any sort.

5. The heists have really limited choices (some having none at all). Basically, A or B. And, the guy who sucks or the girl whose good. None of them were as good as GTA IV's Three Leaf Clover.

6. The satire in the game is dull. It tries to take on as many groups of people as possible but has no real message other than pissing people off because it's funny. Unlike GTA IV or San Andreas.

7. Character inconsistency in the story. Characters were hotheaded when it fueled the plot but coolheaded when it would've caused a story problem. For example: Madrazo was a cut-throat mob leader, but tolerated Trevor kidnapping his wife and slicing off his ear without any pursuit of revenge.

8. The plot really doesn't lead anywhere. The climaxes are mainly just characters screaming at each other and insulting each other.

9. Los Santos is a big city but feels diluted. There's proportionately less interiors in the series than there ever was.

billy7557

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By billy7557
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I both disagree and agree with you. I honestly dont care about the story becuase i typically dont get engrossed into it. I dont really care about the heists but i havent done a whole lot of them. I do agree with you about the city. I actually wish the city was a little bigger(I honestly dont need a huge wilderness although the desert is cool) and had suburbs and more defined and more numerous districts. You know, maybe some colleges, a mall, a government/legislative/administrative section, maybe some more extreme slums. I also agree with the interiors. While i dont need to go into every little shack, i think that the stores/restaraunts/services, skyscrapers, houses, and other large or important buildings should at least have some interior.

OrdannonsX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 OrdannonsX
Member since 2012 • 39 Posts

In my opinion, GTA V's main flaws are that I found it difficult to find certain missions for the characters in order to reach 100% completion. It took me forever to figure out that you needed to complete all Parachuting missions in order to "play" the last Dominator mission (well, you only watch a cutscene).

Something I didn't really like either... The police break into your garage and impound your vehicles when you've been a bad boy. That's silly. It's easy to retrieve them, but it's still really annoying.

I enjoyed the quick deaths though and the vicious cops though. High lethality is something I'd like in my games more often. And I love how everyone complained about GTA IV that the cops where too dumb and didn't really try to get you at times, but now everyone's pent up about them being too good at their job. Personally, I'm all for it.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Well, for starters, waaay too many of the 'Strangers and Freaks' missions are just cutscenes. They were really, really lazily done.

The city doesn't feel diverse enough. There was just something missing.... a lack of definition.

Agree, not enough interiors.

Too many side missions are these fetch quests. This one side mission, once activated, spawns not 10, not 30, but 50 (FIFTY) spaceship parts around the map, that it expects you to find at your leisure. Wtf? And then a different fetch quest spawns 30 submarine parts around the ocean floor. That mission is decently cool, but I just hate how half of the side missions are either cutscenes or these mega fetch quests.

Not enough heists, and not enough options in the ones that were there.

Main story was a bit too short.

Horrible endings. All three of them.

Properties are useless as hell.

The Random Encounters are varied and fun....when they show. It's a shame. They are really fun, but they are not nearly as common as they should be.

90% of the dialogue is dumb crap. "Yo my muthafuckin' nigga" this, "Hey yo my nigga" that, it's just really irritating.

95% of the characters (especially Franklin and all of the antagonists) are BORING. Trevor is the only entertaining one.

There is a lot that I love about GTAV, but also a lot that I dislike. It is a great game that just has too many underdeveloped mechanics and features. I give it an 8/10.