Great racing simulator, you want more of the real thing soon ... However some flaws will need to be repaired!!!

User Rating: 7.5 | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III PS3
This review is in fact the review of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, since the Spec III is not bringing that much extra. However, the game is great, the graphics are splendid, the intro screen is very well executed and the racing experience is rewarding and very addictive. You keep on trying to get a better lap and as such go up in the classification of online best lap times (a splendid idea, since it really gives you a big motivation to keep on trying).

The events-mode, with in total 30 events to do is fun, allthough not very difficult (except the special ones, beat a time and pass 15 cars in one lap), but it's a good way to get to know the tracks and the cars.

Not all is bright of course, I do get a strange feeling when I see the cars on the circuit, the dimensions don't seem to be a good fit (and I tried in different resolutions, the SD resolution has it a lot less, but then the graphics don't show the high quality I appreciate)
And of course, the worst thing is the lack of crashes, you only loose speed, your car just stays the same and that's it. That is not the real world and is unacceptable for a racing simulator. I can only hope this will be better in the real Gran Turismo 5.