User Rating: 8.6 | Gothic II PC
After finally completing Gothic 2 I was left wanting more. The game has a deep and very involving story w/some nice graphical elements and excellent gameplay. The controls are a little tough to get used too, but after a few hours they weren't so bad. My only complaint are the dragons. I went through three chapters (about 35+ hours of gameplay) and faced my first dragon, the ice dragon in the west, whom I whooped on in less than 10 seconds! What a disapointment considering how long it took to get to that part of the story. The open-ended gameplay allows the player to get a little too strong too soon making the latter parts of the game too easy. If the designers had structured the game and story in a more linear fashion the game difficulty would have increased as the story progressed, as all good role-playing games should. Why should it get easier as it goes on? Either way, I'm really looking forward to the expansion pack. If you have any gameplay questions feel free to e-mail me at gordyhowe6@msn.com. Thanks and enjoy!