OverRun Ruined?

#1 Posted by jeffmonster (511 posts) -

I just had a match where the other team had 1 Mauler & 4 Kantus........they were completely unstoppable. All the kantus were just hanging back & healing continuously. We were clueless on how to defend that. They just ripped right through us - if people start catching on to this strategy this mode will be ruined I'm afraid. Booshkas were useless........everything was useless. Anybody else run into this?

#2 Posted by Jorelo (1110 posts) -

I'd hate to run into some nasty BS'ery like that. But it's a good thing I play most of my stuff offline.

#3 Posted by Da-Ruler (889 posts) -
I have never had to run into that problem really. But only played a few games of it online. Personally just sounds like a cheap way of winning the game.
#4 Posted by jeffmonster (511 posts) -

I haven't really seen this strategy again. Usually just one or two kantus healing the mauler. That isn't so bad - it can be dealt with. I've been enjoying tdm anyway. OverRun was becoming too repetitive.

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
#5 Posted by TheRaiderNation (1653 posts) -

I hit this well and our team lost quickly to this tactic.

#6 Posted by Da-Ruler (889 posts) -
To be fair I only played over run once. just for the medal. I either play the campaign or domination survival and any new special events.
#7 Posted by DylanCOBHC (25 posts) -
That's not half as bad as an entire team that Ticker-spams the whole round. Have a scout Spot Grenade the Kantus and either headshot them one at a time while the other 4 distract the Mauler from the objective. If you have 2 scouts you can coordinate the Markza shots to wipe out each kantus, since with debuff a kantus only takes two markza shots; all 4 could be dealt with in a matter of seconds. Chain Spot grenade for the debuff and coordinate shots, and then flank the Mauler while bouncing Booshka shots around to his backside.
#8 Posted by Gundamned_Wing (404 posts) -

I just had a match where the other team had 1 Mauler & 4 Kantus........they were completely unstoppable. All the kantus were just hanging back & healing continuously. We were clueless on how to defend that. They just ripped right through us - if people start catching on to this strategy this mode will be ruined I'm afraid. Booshkas were useless........everything was useless. Anybody else run into this?

jeffmonster

Funny that you state you and your team were "clueless" about how to counter this, and yet you claim that nothing works.

Do you have any idea how easily 2 or more medics could kill a Mauler? Kantus' aren't combat units, they're support so there's not much they can do once they lose the mauler to a well timed medic Sawed off bum rush for the Mauler's ass. Of course timing is everything.

It's a psychological battle, you can bait the mauler into smashing the ground with his flail, which opens up the time frame for you to counter him.

The only difficulty I see is playing with randoms, as they generally have no clue what they're doing, and how to coordinate simple strategies/tactics.

#9 Posted by Gundamned_Wing (404 posts) -

That's not half as bad as an entire team that Ticker-spams the whole round.DylanCOBHC

Here's an idea, engineer sentries are a hard counter to tickers.
In addition a couple soldiers with booshkas can rain hell on tickers even from far range with well placed shots that corner bounce.

Don't stop firing the booshkas ever, and try to time engineer sentries at different intervals so you can maximize the time your sentries are up.