How To Build A Gaming PC
Created by Jimmy Thang on
How to Build a Gaming PC
Building a PC is like putting together an intricate Lego set. We're not only going to show you how to build a PC in this guide, but we'll show you optimal build order to make the process as easy as possible.
All you really need to get started is a Phillips screwdriver, but here are other helpful PC building tools.
Before you begin the building process, keep in mind these tips:
- You don't need an anti-static wrist strap to build a PC, but it's a good idea to touch a metal surface to ground yourself before you begin touching any components.
- When handling processors, you should avoid touching pins and try to grab CPUs from the side.
Before we show you how to build a PC, we're going to outline the components we used to build this budget gaming PC.
|CPU||AMD Ryzen 3 1200|
|GPU||EVGA GTX 1050|
|Motherboard||Biostar A320MH Pro|
|RAM||Patriot Viper Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB)|
|Storage (SSD)||Kingston A400 120GB|
|Storage (HDD)||WD 1TB Hard Drive|
|PSU||EVGA 430 W1|
|Case||Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3.1|
In the event that you wanted to skip to a certain section, we've highlighted how to install all of the major components in the links below:
- How to install a CPU
- How to install a CPU cooler
- How to install RAM
- How to install a motherboard
- How to install a PSU
- How to install a hard drive
- How to install an SSD
- How to install a graphics card
Related: PC Hardware Explained