15 Great Star Wars Characters Who Came From Video Games
1. HK-47 (Knights of the Old Republic)
Question: Can an assassin droid be funnier (and better equipped) than the franchise's favorite protocol droid, C-3PO? Answer: Kinda!
2. Starkiller (The Force Unleashed)
George Lucas’s early drafts of Episode IV named the young hero Luke Starkiller, not Skywalker. For Darth Vader’s secret apprentice, the name stuck.
3. Bastila Shan (Knights of the Old Republic)
Meet a witty, swoon-worthy Jedi who can be a love interest for players if they align themselves with the light side of the Force.
4. Saponza (Star Wars: Commander)
The rare original character from a Star Wars mobile game. A resident of Tatooine, he's trusted by Return of the Jedi’s Bib Fortuna, which says a lot.
5. Mission Vao (Knights of the Old Republic)
This angsty Twi'leck teen is 80 times more likable than a certain young Skywalker that rhymes with mannequin. Plus, she’s just as smart as Han Solo and travels with a Wookiee.
6. Carth Onasi (Knights of the Old Republic)
Call him a more sensitive Han Solo; hence the five o’clock shadow. He's also a possible love interest if you avoid the dark side of the Force.
7. Kyle Katarn (Jedi Knight)
Kyle is a rogue Jedi second only to Luke at the Jedi Academy. He's also one of the most popular characters among fans. Most impressive.
8. Darth Revan (Knights of the Old Republic)
One of the most memorable twists in gaming began with a Jedi plagued with memory issues. He (or she) is a true master of both the light and dark side of the Force.
9. Juno Eclipse (The Force Unleashed)
A high ranking official in the Galactic Empire, this character experiences a serious change of heart toward rebel scums.
10. Proxy (first appeared in The Force Unleashed)
Roughly the Kato to Starkiller, Proxy’s a prototype holodroid that can look like anyone, even Vader. By the time it makes its appearance in The Force Unleashed sequel, it’s lost an eye.
11. Darth Nihilus (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
The coolest looking Sith since Darth Maul.
12. Darth Malek (Knights of the Old Republic)
This Sith battled the heroes of KOTOR using the Emperor's bag of tricks: deceit and secrecy. His look recalls Vader with half a mask.
13. Jolee Bindo (Knights of the Old Republic)
Jolee is a former Jedi padawan who lives a hermit existence on the Wookiee planet of Kashyyyk. He abandoned the Jedi Council and became a smuggler.
14. Kreia aka Darth Traya (first appeared in Knights of the Old Republic)
She led the Jedi Exiles in The Sith Lords, and she’s so badass that she still wants to kill players even if they extend an olive branch after defeating her.
15. Zaalbar aka “Big Z” (first appeared KOTOR II: The Sith Lords)
This Wookiee is better with a blade than a crossbow. He's also less of a walking carpet and more of a hairy older brother.