It's just Dirt 4..LAME

#1 Posted by Mikerush76 (25 posts) -

Really dissapointed, why not just call it dirt 4, The game now feels over polished and built for morons..:evil:

#2 Posted by jk80 (1843 posts) -

Yes superficially at least it seems quite similar to the Dirt series to me too.

#3 Posted by Glottis (383 posts) -

lolwut

#4 Posted by chaoz-king (5956 posts) -
I was about to ask if anyone else felt this way. Aesthetically this game feels very much like Dirt. Though not so much in the driving.
#5 Posted by keyboarder20 (158 posts) -

I agree it feels like dirt, nfs, test drive and so on. The car physics also feel really poor. Is like driving on ice. The sense of speed is very non existant and the graphics are nothing to write home about. This games feels old and completely lacking in new ideas. All I can think is i've been there, done that and i bought the T-shirt to prove it. Oh well i no longer buy NFS games and I guess that now I stop buying Forza as well.

#6 Posted by Shadow128 (628 posts) -

This can't actually be a serious thread; is it?

You would have to be out of your mind to draw such a poor connection. Visually, it takes some cues from DiRT (likely because of the Codemasters people working at Playground Games), but that is where it ends.

#7 Posted by Shadow128 (628 posts) -

The car physics also feel really poor. Is like driving on ice.keyboarder20

Wow; if anything, they actually grip way too much.

#8 Posted by VeryBumpy (1718 posts) -

Totally agree. This is very much Dirt 4 on open country roads. Physics and handling have been way toned down to arcade style instead of the norml Forza sim(and this was on sim setting in the demo).

Very disappointed in this game. I can barely tolerate the lame Xgames menus and style (just like Dirt) but the core game has been ruined with arcade handling.

Definitely not buying this game anymore.

#9 Posted by chaoz-king (5956 posts) -
Yeah I didn't care for the "style" of dirt very much and I don't care for this games style either. I guess it's a good thing I've not played a Forza game since 2 as I think I'll just wait till Forza 4 goes to $20 and get my racing game fill for the next few years.
#10 Posted by BasterdGas (25 posts) -

Really dissapointed, why not just call it dirt 4, The game now feels over polished and built for morons..:evil:

Mikerush76
i hear yea, its nfs and dirt4's baby, there really is no real talent into this, i would think copyright more or less
#11 Posted by andrewvk (25 posts) -
wow. if you are such a dunce you chop the game up to dirt, then dont buy the damn game. its a fantastic adaptation to my favorite racing franchise ive played for years. introducing free roam, dirt, and a more social platform was a great idea for forza and long overdue.
#12 Posted by njoyyoursalad (25 posts) -
wow. if you are such a dunce you chop the game up to dirt, then dont buy the damn game. its a fantastic adaptation to my favorite racing franchise ive played for years. introducing free roam, dirt, and a more social platform was a great idea for forza and long overdue. andrewvk
Shut up fanboy. You obviously haven't played Horizon yet, otherwise you wouldn't open your mouth with a stupid comment like that. I've been a massive fan of Forza for the entire series, but Horizon is nothing more than a cheap rip-off of games like NFS and Dirt. They've dumbed down the physics model, the controls are sluggish, and graphics vary from looking okay or average to moderately rubbish--nothing like the fancy screenshots I've been seeing for months. They ruined this game for the legions of faithful Forza fans by sacrificing the simulation aspect of the Forza series in order to attract a wider fan-base comprised mostly of morons who play sh*t games like Burnout and NFS. Plus with the recent DLC news for this game, it's clear that Microsoft is going to continue with absolutely monetizing the living sh*t out of this game with car packs and extra content that should've been included with the game from the start. They've managed to turn every Forza game into a $100-150 game by the time you're done with it. It's a crappy trend and it's ruining the series.
#13 Posted by keyboarder20 (158 posts) -

Shut up fanboy. You obviously haven't played Horizon yet, otherwise you wouldn't open your mouth with a stupid comment like that. I've been a massive fan of Forza for the entire series, but Horizon is nothing more than a cheap rip-off of games like NFS and Dirt. They've dumbed down the physics model, the controls are sluggish, and graphics vary from looking okay or average to moderately rubbish--nothing like the fancy screenshots I've been seeing for months. They ruined this game for the legions of faithful Forza fans by sacrificing the simulation aspect of the Forza series in order to attract a wider fan-base comprised mostly of morons who play sh*t games like Burnout and NFS. Plus with the recent DLC news for this game, it's clear that Microsoft is going to continue with absolutely monetizing the living sh*t out of this game with car packs and extra content that should've been included with the game from the start. They've managed to turn every Forza game into a $100-150 game by the time you're done with it. It's a crappy trend and it's ruining the series.

I agree. Enough said. This game is pants and completely lacking in new ideas. It should be called Foza Lame Copy.

#14 Posted by InquisitorCrox (617 posts) -
It is true that this game is inspired by the Dirt UI, which in its turned was inspired by GRID, which was an improved UI based of on some NFS games. The open world gameplay is a reminder of the Test drive Unlimited series, the festival is a reminder of many NFS spin offs. Personally i find it offensive for the level of my maturity and for the same reason i hated the F1 efforts. This augmented reality mixed with publicity-like presentation always disgusted me. It may appeal to the addicts of the American TV shows MS is adressed though. The whole series is focused on them far too much and so does the latest interface. However this is not Forzas issues, the series has kept a nice touch up until now and hopefully it will, apart from this spin off which is adressed exclusively to the under aged American audience, thats why it has this UI and dumped down arcade-ish gameplay.
#15 Posted by thunderbone (350 posts) -

It is true that this game is inspired by the Dirt UI, which in its turned was inspired by GRID, which was an improved UI based of on some NFS games.InquisitorCrox

Quite wrong. DiRT was split away from GRiD. The two had nothing to do with NFS gameplay; they were joined together as a sim racer in the form of the Race Driver games. NFS has never been a sim racer - not even Shift. In addition to the various forms of rally in Race Driver, there were also the Colin McRae games. I think CodeMasters did better then, even though I thought - and still think - CarPG's are $#!7. I hated Race Driver 2's career mode.

Saying "this game is Dirt 4" is a bit foolish, too. If you were going to call a game "Dirt 4," I think that title would go to Showdown. Though, I'm probably just picking, now. :shock:

#16 Posted by Creative (2522 posts) -

I don't think it's anything like NFS or Dirt. I myself can't stand even looking at those games. 

If anything, this game is like Gotham Racing set in open world with some customization options. I loved Gotham Racing 2, did not care much for the follow up series. The blend of aracade and simulation in Gotham series was just perfect. You could pull off crazy drifts, but it still required certain level of skills and understanding of car physics. The game was fun and challeging at the same time.

Horizon is the first xbox game I picked up on release day in over 2 years. I find the car physics to be a bit too "arcady" even on simulation setting, but it's still very fun. Open world setting is very fun and diverse, addition of off-road parts is interresting too.

I found myself driving for 4+ hours yesterday just looking at the world and discovering the hidden nooks. Open road is what attracted me, having driven on Alpine European passes and Authobahn I can feel certain nostalgia and connection. 

Developer never intended to market this game as sequel to Forza 4, but they did slap Forza logo to let people like me know that it's worth looking at, since it can easily be confused with games like Dirt and NFS if you don't know the developer team bedhing the game. 

#17 Posted by thunderbone (350 posts) -

This is actually the first open-world racing game with off-road racing. "What about TDU-2?" Oh yeah, I forgot about TDU-2 - just like everyone else. If you ever played the first TDU, you haven't any real need to play the second one aside from the dirt races. NFS:HP felt quite slapped together. It's like someone stuck in the 90's screaming, "EXTREME!!!" The free-roam in NFS:HP is dull as dirt. (HA!!! Looke @ me i maed a funy.) You can't just go between free-roam and race mode in HP. Also, the whole "slow-motion-crash" thing is so played out.

At any rate, this is all my opinion, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me. So, I'm gonna take the high road. (HA!!! i dun it ugain!!!) I'm not gonna start name-calling over a game. That's just sad. I do have to wonder, if you really feel this is "just Dirt 4," are you saying you don't like the DiRT games?

#18 Posted by jchc_underoath (158 posts) -

I have no idea why people are getting so upset over this game. If Turn 10 is still going to release a Forza 5, then what's the big deal? They release this game for the rest of everyone else who doesn't want a pure racing simulator, while Forza 5 will surely cater to the smaller, more dedicated racing enthusiasts.

I'm a huge fanboy of Forza, and I'm just plain enjoying the heck out of this game. If you find it absolutely disgusting, continue on with Forza 4 until 5 comes out.

#19 Posted by DrRukesl (143 posts) -

Nothing wrong with this game... MW2 took a far worse direction.

Besides, I enjoy street racing.