Anyone Else Thinking This is Really Cool?

#1 Posted by bmart970 (106 posts) -

I really like this game. The open world gives it a whole new feel. I also really like the sponsor challenges (even though they are real world advertisements, I think it adds to realism) because they give a new challenge besides just racing. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by SirFiddler (39 posts) -

i received my pre-order yesterday and had an hour with the game last night. i am really happy with it so far.

i've not done much so far but positively surprised, after I have read a few negative comments on here. Yes it does borrow from other games like need for speed , burnout paradise and test drive even but it seems to do a lot of things better than the aforementioned.

A lot of people are probably disappointed because it has the name Forza in it and it simply does not play like a usual Forza game.

I like the ranking list and how it is updated on-screen when performing challenges and showing off on the road. I love the presentation , the open world feel of it and even though it's not my kind of music, it fits well to this kind of game. Graphics look nice enough as well. I normally do not play online that much but will give it a try later.

The only downpoint so far to me seems that you only have one save game and can't start again from the beginning. Almost had Flynt in the beginning but crashed and would have loved to re-start the whole game and try again. Or am I missing something ?

This is no real Forza but starting the game with low expectations I am positively surprised. I think Turn10 is onto something here and I can already see a sequel to this one on the ....horizon badumtsss

I only bought my xbox for forza 3 back in the day and have no friends , so add me if you like : sa1kun9bab0y

#3 Posted by Flyers_fan12 (83 posts) -

This game is just plain fun.  The handling is more forgiving than forza motorsport but I think that was nessesary because of the different racing surfaces.  In this game i can actually drift whereas in FM I struggle with drifting.  Im really pleased with this game. 

10/10 Will buy again

#4 Posted by jchc_underoath (158 posts) -

It's a breath of fresh air, and this combined with Forza 4 will keep me busy until Forza 5.

#5 Posted by SatanH (44 posts) -

My Rating on Forza Horizon is  0.0 for these reasons

- You cant tune your car only buy suck azz parts for it

- Cars handle like Crap

- In the open world their is no contact with other players so you can see other players cars on your way to races

- No auction house so you can sell your cars to other players 

- Its a peddle push  game only way to win  races is peddle to the meddle and forget about using breaks cause if you do you will loose the race

- Carpy Graphics 

- Becase you cant tune your car , you cant do proper drifts

-Cars such as the Saleen S7 max out leaving you red lined

- one car is no differnt from the other

- AI is unrealistic as if you Clearly have the faster car they are still close behind you

- Racing against planes ? Talk about Suck @$$

- Even TDU is a better game

-Limited Cars , and one car ain't no better then the other

- As far as up grades you only need to add engine up grades as add the other parts wont change how the car handles . For Example  a Race transmission is no better then the standard Transmission , and Race tires are no better then standard tires .

Who ever rated this game a 8.5 was real retard ,  this game has non of the features one expects in Forza Games .

They should of Called the game Suck City

#6 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -
i would have liked more cars and tuning and even car affinity or driver level, but in any other regard i like it
#7 Posted by brandon80 (188 posts) -
I went out of my way to find my password for this site just to tell you how retarded you are. First and foremost your spelling is atrocious so anything you say is automatically discredited. Plus it sounds to me that your just bad at the game. So don't say it doesn't deserve the 8.5 just because your bad.
#8 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

My Rating on Forza Horizon is  0.0 for these reasons

- You cant tune your car only buy suck azz parts for it

- Cars handle like Crap

- In the open world their is no contact with other players so you can see other players cars on your way to races

- No auction house so you can sell your cars to other players 

- Its a peddle push  game only way to win  races is peddle to the meddle and forget about using breaks cause if you do you will loose the race

- Carpy Graphics 

- Becase you cant tune your car , you cant do proper drifts

-Cars such as the Saleen S7 max out leaving you red lined

- one car is no differnt from the other

- AI is unrealistic as if you Clearly have the faster car they are still close behind you

- Racing against planes ? Talk about Suck @$$

- Even TDU is a better game

-Limited Cars , and one car ain't no better then the other

- As far as up grades you only need to add engine up grades as add the other parts wont change how the car handles . For Example  a Race transmission is no better then the standard Transmission , and Race tires are no better then standard tires .

Who ever rated this game a 8.5 was real retard ,  this game has non of the features one expects in Forza Games .

They should of Called the game Suck City

SatanH
somebody is cranky, i like the game. How much have you really played it?
#9 Posted by CraZkid37 (529 posts) -

Either that post is a troll or just... oblivously stupid.

Honestly, I think the game is amazing. Everything works together so well and they really went above and beyond with the immersion. It's hard to put down.

#10 Posted by Keivz_basic (1061 posts) -
I agree that the graphics look dated and the cars seem to handle the same. The music, though, is amazing. I've had it since launch but have only started playing it some (just got a blue badge). Right now it's hardly an 8.5, but I'll give it more of a chance.