Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 seany9990
Member since 2015 • 50 Posts
Loading Video...

Hey guys, enjoy my latest video and let me know what you think!

Avatar image for masterredjacket
MasterRedJacket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 MasterRedJacket
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts
Loading Video...

Hey how's it going? I've been actively doing youtube for just under a year and I've just completed my first compilation video. I understand I missed an entire line but other than that....any suggestions? I'm actively working on improving my let's play channel and any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 CouchPals
Member since 2015 • 154 Posts

@seany9990: Great info man, more reviews Senpai

seany9990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 seany9990

@masterredjacket:Hey! Its a good compilation but I personally think it's too long for the 'short clip fast fire' approach. I think 4-5 minutes max? But you guys are pretty fun to watch. Keep it up :)

@couchpals: Thanks guys!

Hero101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Hero101
Member since 2003 • 38 Posts

So my brother, a close friend, and I started our gaming YouTube channel about 2 1/2 months ago. We did it for fun and as a way to do something together (we all live far apart from each other these days). We have Let's Play style videos up on our channel but we also started a weekly series called Nostalgia Block.

Nostalgia Block videos works like this: We pick a topic for the video and then we each talk about our memories of it (for example, memorable boss fight). We live busy lives so each week we trade off on who is going to do all of the editing so it can lead to some inconsistencies but it also keeps everything fresh. We currently don't have the extra income to invest in better audio equipment (something we really need) and better cameras. Maybe these issues just really bug me as used to be heavily involved with film years ago haha (You are your own worst critic, right?)

So I understand all of our shortcomings but I would love for your feedback. I'd also like to know a few specific things:
1) There are 3 of us that have to share our insight in one video. We do our best to keep what we say short but also don't want to sacrifice the chance to share something personal about our experience for the sake of time restraints....so the videos end up being about 10min long give or take. So....
- Is that too long to hold your interest?
- If you felt bored - why?
- If you did get bored (or lose interest before the video was over) do you think if you watched enough Nostalgia Block videos, thus getting to know us better personally, do you think this would be alleviated?

I didn't know which Nostalgia Block video to upload here so I'll just post our latest one. You can check our channel out for the other ones if you are interested or to see the other types of videos we have up.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HD4O5Q9T9ZHM7EON9NfZA
We are also trying to grow our Facebook page as well for all of this. Check it out if you'd like: https://www.facebook.com/16bitsyndicate

Loading Video...

seany9990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By seany9990

@Hero101: Hey I watched a few of your videos and they're really interesting. I like the idea of Nostalgia Block but I think instead of all of you having your own segment, you should have a 3-way call and record it so that you can have more of a discussion. The let's plays are okay but you may have to try something different/cut it differently to get peoples attention. But you guys know what you're talking about and are a joy to listen to. Also gave you a sub! keep it up

Hero101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Hero101

@seany9990: Thanks for the feedback dude! Yeah we've been wanting to do a 3-way conversation via Google Hangouts but I think we had planned to do it either as another regular show or just random videos when we all had the time. Never thought about doing it for Nostalgia Block though. I will bring it up with my group. I've yet to make any Let's Play videos myself. I don't think I would do them well as I get to invested in a new game when I play it and wouldn't want to talk while playing them. I'm working on a form of Let's Play style video where I will be able to use my game development knowledge/experience. Since you've subbed you'll see what I'm talking about soon enough (hopefully soon anyways). Again, appreciate the feedback. Here's to hoping our channel's grow and connect with gamers everywhere :)

STAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By STAntics
Member since 2015 • 41 Posts

Hey all! Here's our channel, please give it a glance and tell us what you think! :) Do subscribe you like what we do!

CHANNEL: http://bit.ly/1KJem22

Catcha soon!

STAntics

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By CouchPals

@Hero101: I agree with what seany said. The nostalgic block is definitely a great idea but I feel that it would work better as a podcast style where you guys interact with one another. You three can send each other the game/main topic of your portion so they can do a bit of research and interact with what you're explaining! But anyway, keep the videos comin'!

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 CouchPals

@jmaamusic: Hah, this was a pretty interesting video. You have a way of communicating that I feel is unique to these kinds of informative/opinionated videos. Which is to say, I liked it! You already have my sub so I can't really do that twice but I'm giving your video a like! :D Good job man!

My one thing I'd like to ask is, what's up with that little intro before your logo? I mean, throughout the video you record yourself but I feel like you should try to get people into your video ASAP instead of having them watching you smoke. But maybe people like that and I'm just weird so who knows! :P

seany9990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 seany9990

Hey guys, please check out this compilation video of my 'Gaming with Jadee' series. Im taking a content creation break to focus and improve my videos so this is a conclusion of the series as it was. Enjoy!

Loading Video...

Hero101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Hero101

@couchpals: I appreciate the feedback dude! I will have to talk to my group about considering the 3-way group chat for the Nostalgia Block. I have a feeling they will want to stick to our current format but we have been wanting to do something with a 3-way group chat. Whether that format replaces our current Nostalgia Block way or starts a new show on our channel is unclear. But we totally understand that we are just starting out and that everything we are doing is a learning experience so we will always be open to suggestions for improvements. We always thought these suggestions would come from within our group so it is amazing that you gave us feedback and took the time to watch our video! I really appreciate it :)

STAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 STAntics

Good thread idea dude! Here's our latest video for our Indie Game Monday series, let us know what you all think! Gonna take a look at peoples videos now and drop some feedback (if any) in the comment section :)

Loading Video...

STAntics

Hero101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Hero101

@stantics: Haha you guys are entertaining to listen to in that video you posted :) The audio is clean too. You guys ever consider simultaneously record video footage of yourself and putting it in one of the corners of the video. I think it helps people connect with the YouTuber on a more personal level. What I really love is that you have an Indie games segment for your channel. I want to do an Indie game day once a week. I absolutely love indie games and am also an amateur indie game developer. I currently don't have the hardware to capture gameplay footage so all of the Let's Play style videos on our channel is done by my brother and a close friend who I started the whole thing with. Hopefully soon though. Kinda rough right now as I'm moving to a new apartment while also starting a new quarter at school. Such is life haha I'll have to check out your other videos :)

If you're bored you can poke around our YouTube Channel and Facebook page :P If you scroll up I should have it posted on this page of this thread. Best of luck to you guys! May we all grow together :D

RoyalFlushYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 RoyalFlushYT
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts
Loading Video...

Hello everyone, Royal Flush here! I've been doing Youtube for about a month now and have really enjoyed it thus far! I've been searching around for tips and tricks to maximize exposure, but first of all the videos have to be good to incline people to like, comment, subscribe, and overall interact with the community around the channel. If you guys could give any positive feedback on my videos and overall channel I'd be very appreciative! Thanks for taking the time to read this!

My Channel (for other videos): https://www.youtube.com/c/RoyalFlushChannel

Hero101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Hero101

@royalflushyt: I'll check out your videos tonight dude :) Feel free to check our channel as well: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HD4O5Q9T9ZHM7EON9NfZA

Now you see that long ass url I have for the YouTube channel.....I was under the impression that you had to have X amount of subscribers to have a custom URL. But I noticed you have a custom URL for your YouTube channel with 52 subscribers (Congrats! We are only at 13 lol). How did you get your custom URL?

ThemInsaneKids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ThemInsaneKids

Hey my name is Austin, and i created a youtube channel with friends. I'd just like some feedback on the gaming content we're creating. If y'all could give me some feedback on my videos that'd be awesome. :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/theminsanekids

Cheers

- Austin and the TIK team

STAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 STAntics

@Hero101: Dude, really appreciate such a great feedback! Means a lot to us :)

We are looking into doing some facecam stuff soon. We produce behind the scenes stuff to show what we're like in real life, and due to it being a fairly large group, sometimes facecam doesn't work. But we've got some PC games we're looking to play soon and we'll face cam them! :)

Thanks again, man! Appreciate it.

STAntics

Hero101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Hero101

@stantics: No problem dude :) Outside of the usual record yourself for Let's Plays we were thinking of doing videos with us chatting over Google Hangouts so the audience can see all three of us talking about things. Never used it before tho haha Just another idea for you as well :)

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 CouchPals

Hey guys! I uploaded a new episode this week and have tried three new things with the video!

1. I made the video shorter! I spliced it up and took what I thought were the essential/funnier parts and put them together. I would love to know whether the cuts were good and if the pace of the video feels good with you all!
  2. I added a background! It really bothered me having just the black background so I felt I just HAD to work on getting a background. I feel that it helps draw the attention into the game and balances out the colors of the dark-ish level.
  3. I tried adding the endcard/outro with our goodbyes. This essentially is going back to point 1 BUT with the endcard getting more lovin' I was hoping more people would hit that sweet "subscribe' button.
Loading Video...

Let me know what you guys think!!!

RoyalFlushYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 RoyalFlushYT

@Hero101: I appreciate you checking it out! I forget how I did it, (must have been nearly a month ago), but it was somehow connected with Google+, which as far as I'm aware is no longer affiliated with Youtube (don't quote me on that, not sure.) It's worth a try to look around on Google+ to see if you can find it! :D

StevetheHack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 StevetheHack
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts
Loading Video...

This is the second episode from my Adapting Hitman series. In it I begin to talk about how to craft interesting "action" scenes and setpieces while still being true to the source material by adapting various game mechanics.

zevoCSGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 zevoCSGO
Loading Video...

My last CS:GO edit!

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 CouchPals

For people making their first post in this thread, might I suggest possibly reviewing other people's work before dumping your videos expecting review/views? Maybe we should set up a "Review recent videos if you wish to post your own" kind of rule? I dunno!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#130 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@couchpals said:

For people making their first post in this thread, might I suggest possibly reviewing other people's work before dumping your videos expecting review/views? Maybe we should set up a "Review recent videos if you wish to post your own" kind of rule? I dunno!

That sounds like a good idea actually, that way you can give your thoughts on said videos while letting people review your vids.

MiCoDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 MiCoDad
Member since 2015 • 11 Posts

@seany9990: I watched both of your videos. I would recommend to cut the intro and outro to a 3 or 5 second scene. Unless there is lots of information to show.
I like the second video better because it shows more about the actual game. Try to find a greenscreen or room in which you got a clean background if you want to show your camera fullscreen.
I agree with other comments that your voice could be a bit more "alive and kicking" :).
Besides these comments I would say keep up the good work! :)

MiCoDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By MiCoDad

@billybigrigger: Ok some comment on your vid. about Turmoil I think that the intro is to long and does is provide some information? about the channel name or video subject? If not. Consider to remove it or to make it shorter.

The Outro's music as mentioned before does not fit the video style. If I might be frank with you. Perhaps some sort of "lumberjack" theme will suit you :)

I would also leave out the creditroll for this video. Perhaps you could use it if a team of people worked on the vid.

The other video, well I think that the cam is to big. It covers a great portion of the game screen, which is personally don't like in vids.

This is also personal, but I think that a little bit less F's would do just fine.

@masterredjacket:I really did like this video, I did think it's to long for the high speed video that you edited. So I would stick to max 3 minutes for these kind of vids. After three minutes the text in screen gets a bit to repetitive to my liking.

@zevocsgo: I think that the music does not fit the video well. Why only show one kill? The video is to short. maybe show the highlights of the match?

But as I always say keep it going, all of you :)

I would also love to get some comments on our channel (Mico & Dad=me Gamers).

We live in The Netherlands, my boys Mitchell en Conner are 11 and 8. We do try to speak english in some of our vids but most will be in dutch for now.

Please check out our channel below : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ5BZWg-MYluNWcF2PmWyBA

And one of my latest edited vids. I would love to hear your comments :)

Loading Video...

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 CouchPals

@micodad: A few things, first off, maybe add the language you guys are speaking in on the title of the actual video. That way you get a larger search for people trying to find that particular language.

Secondly, the sped up moments, it'd be better if you just spliced it up rather than speed it up. Unless if used for a comedic effect I feel that it's a tad over kill to include your sped up sequence.

The intro was nice, maybe add a SFX or little 2-3 second intro music.

I'm not sure what mic your kid is using but edit the audio on his end, lower it and possibly add a normalizer.

I see that this is a stream but when you upload it to Youtube you should include an outro/end slate so people can learn where they can find you.

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 CouchPals
Loading Video...

I started to upload my first Nintendo videos! This was to be used as a test to see whether Nintendo would throw a copyright strike at me AND a chance to do a solo video. I used a Game Grumps style of editing so let me know if you guys enjoyed it and what parts of it you didn't enjoy!

MiCoDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 MiCoDad

@couchpals: This feedback is great!! thank you so much. I will take these comments with me to the editing room.. :)

Your Mario video, intro is nice, outro letters and social media icons look like to be squashed.. but maybe that's just me :)
And one more thing. Because Mario is a game that's also being played a lot by kids. I would not swear that much..
Zombie games and GTA sure go ahead if that adds anything to your videos.. Those games should not be played by kids anyway.. But these games..

ElfieElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ElfieElliot
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts
Loading Video...

Just posted a long video. It would be great to know if any of you like it. I´ll make shorter Let´s play videos later though.

I have other kinds of vids on my youtube channel too:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYlV15hNvsOYLcPvi_2MdBg

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 CouchPals

@micodad: @micodad: You're right I think i'm going to have to start censoring my swearing so I can get a larger audience to watch!

BillyBigrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 BillyBigrigger
Member since 2015 • 22 Posts

@micodad: Hey there thanks for the comments on those videos. The intro you are talking about was for sure bad and I get that. After a few videos and looking around the interwebs it was ditched for a new one! (Which I think is better) The outro music and the credit roll are also gone in my newer videos. I got new software for editing so much of that crap changed. I usually take in consideration the placement and size of my big head in the games I play as to not cover any vital parts of the game but I'll watch it for sure. As for my foul mouth...yes I know it's bad and for the games that kids play I do my best as to not splatter the F word all over the place and maybe I should just bleep em out if there are too many. That might be funny. Thanks again for the comments I will mold my brand accordingly.

On to your Block and Load video. Only a couple things really. Maybe instead of the sped up video just a quick cut to some action. I've never played the game myself but I'm not sure if that would be tough for the class that you are playing or not since you seem to be (from what I gathered) a defender type class where there seems to not be much action. One other thing...should probably let people know where to subscribe or follow you on your streaming channel at the end of your videos. That's about it. Other than those two things it was good.

Here is one of my newest videos tell me what you all think.

Loading Video...

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By CouchPals

@billybigrigger: A few things, a 20 second intro is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long. I don't know if speeding it up will help, maybe trying speeding up the video but not the audio and cut the audio so it matches with the sped up intro?

Secondly, your microphone is picking up what i'm assuming is your computer's fan. Try different placements for the mic.

The whole premise of your video is pretty funny, but it drags on and I would think it'd serve you better to cut it up so you can have all the funny reactions to the beach party invite and then include what ever this beach party thing is towards the end of the video.

CoUGHB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 CoUGHB
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

@elfieelliot: I think you did a great job. You seemed comfortable and you seemed to genuinely enjoy yourself. Some parts, where you used accents and acted goofy, were pretty funny. The vid was a bit too long for me, though. At least for most days. Nice work.

toolboxgaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 toolboxgaming
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

Hey guys,

We've just started out, recorded and uploaded our first podcast. We would love some feedback and want to improve our content. At the moment the visuals are limited, but we want to focus on the content, quality, set up and the structure of the podcasts.

Loading Video...

If you guys could check it out and leave us feedback to help us improve that would be great :)

Thanks

olafsteelside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 olafsteelside
Member since 2015 • 70 Posts

@seany9990: @seany9990:Hi everybody. I'm not sure if I should reply to the first post or the last. I just thought I'd post a video and check out some of your channels.

Btw, does anyone know where the logout button is.

Here's my URL.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=moats+of+the+middle+ages

thehappygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 thehappygamer
Member since 2015 • 647 Posts
Loading Video...

Been playing PewDiePie's game a lot. Here's a Let's Play from it. Let me know what you guys think!

fatalati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 fatalati
Member since 2015 • 69 Posts

Hello Pipul.

I'm Ati a Half Turkish Half Hungarian gamer who lives in Germany for now.

I am studying Mecatronic Engineering and love gaming and entertain pipul.

Loading Video...

So i hope you guys enjoy my content and leave some feedback.

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 CouchPals

@thehappygamer: There was some nice editing in there, overall it was a nice video! If I can suggest one thing though, it's to splice up the parts that sort of drag out, like when you're trying to figure out a puzzle and you make more than one attempt. Personally I've realized people prefer to spend less time watching you fail, until you become big and famous that is! But nice video, man!

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 CouchPals
Loading Video...

Hey guys, I would REALLY love to hear what you all have to say for my Review video for Rivals of Aether! It's my first time attempting this, and it's more of a mock review style (Wherein I joke about it more than be informative) Let me know!

fatalati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 fatalati

@couchpals dude cool video. it is actually informative and at the same time really funny. Good editing en well written script. Over all it is a good video but it seemed like a bit cheesy. I can't explain it but something seemed like you were not yourself and tried to act like someone else. But as ı said everything else was perfect small jokes good editing and concept. thumbs up.

fatalati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 fatalati

@thehappygamer Hi man. Cool video, perfect editing. I don't know how did you manage to add those fail logos but it was cool. I have a request that might work out can you act like sheldon cooper in one gaming video. You have a vibe like him and it would be a cool concept.

CouchPals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 CouchPals

@fatalati: So I just finished checking out your video! I would highly suggest on a few things;

1. Set up an intro/outro so people can be reminded what your channel is called and so it's easier for them to subscribe to you. I noticed you had the annotation towards the end to subscribe but it doesn't really work if you want it to pop out.

2. I understand this is quite a cinematic-y game, so try splicing up the moments where you barely make any jokes or talk, otherwise we're just watching the cinematic.

3. I found it funny when you were commentating, so if you can add more of that, I think it'd be awesome :D