Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tomboyestate
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hey all!

Joined a forum (which I haven't done in years, whoa) because I wanted an active community discussion about Twitch and streaming. I am kind of late to the whole ball game, but I recently got into streaming on Twitch and it's crazy addicting.

I have a pretty simple setup, using equipment I already had on hand. A Corsair Vengeance wireless headset, some shitty webcam I don't-even-know-its-name, and Open Broadcast Software. I'd go into detail about my PC, but all I really know that seems relevant is I'm running an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics card, 32mb of RAM, Win 7, so on.

Annnyhow...I'm curious, what setups are you other streamers using? I want to upgrade mine. My audio always has an annoying hissing noise in the background and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Pretty sure the mic is the problem with either my headset, or using my webcam audio (which I do sometimes).

I mostly stream horror games right now. About to stream Five Nights at Freddy's, which I haven't played at all yet. Ooh!

http://www.twitch.tv/tomboyestate/

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Hi tomboyestate,

I apologize for the slow response you have gotten. This particular board on Gamespot (the Youtubers/Streamers Unite board) is relatively new and doesn't get the same amount of traffic as some of our other boards yet. However, this is exactly where your question belongs so I'll attempt to answer it as best I can. I'm not an expert on the topic, but I've had some success with OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). It worked decently well for me, but 1440p streaming at full detail seemed like it was a bit much and I started getting artifacts in the stream. I'm using a Microsoft Lifecam for audio when I'm not using a headset. The only thing I haven't been able to get working with OBS is a Picture in Picture stream using the webcam (which I'm not sure it supports). When I get some time, I'll probably look into some of the other paid software options instead of OBS.

My specs are an Intel 3770k at 4.2ghz with dual GTX 980s and 32gb of RAM on Windows 8.1.

-Byshop