STAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By STAntics
Member since 2015 • 41 Posts

Hey all! I'm sure you've all found this; the easiest way to promote our content is through forums such as this. However, this may be the easiest way, but is it the best?

The problem is, we are all trying to promote our own content, which means we are at the same time competing for attention. The truth is, most of us already know the content we are interested in watching, and have found these channels already. So my question is to you, what do you do find an audience that watch gaming videos who aren't YouTubers themselves? Because, a vast majority of viewers of bigger channels probably don't make YouTube videos themselves, but how do we find them?

Interested in your views either way! Let us know :)

cadaea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cadaea
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

I wouldn't have thought it's the best. I'm a streamer rather than a Youtuber so my perspective might be a bit different to others but I think that the best ways to promote content is by using social media and networking. Even better if you can use the social media for networking. In my opinion, the best social media platform for promoting videos/streams/other content is by Twitter. Twitter was created to allow users to interact with others and it's really easy to find similar content creators who wouldn't mind collaborating. I follow a lot of similar streamers to myself and we interact often and promote each other!

STAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 STAntics

@cadaea: Sounds good. We do try to use twitter. However, what ways do you use twitter? How do you get people to response to your content through twitter? :) Thanks for your reply!

cadaea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cadaea
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

@stantics: I tweet when I'm streaming (I have friends that always pop along regardless of what I'm playing). I also try and start conversations about streaming and games and stuff to incite response and stuff like that!

fatalati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fatalati
Member since 2015 • 69 Posts

@wmyang At some point you are right about the blog thing but people generally don't have such time that write that kind of content. If you tried YouTube of streaming you will see is that this is not an half hour thing. If you record (for YouTube) 1 hour you have to spend 2 hour of editing ( thumbnail, video itself etc.) and an other hour of rendering so you wont have time to write blog that's why people commentate as best as they can. Even if they had time to do and they did it. I don't think that people would be like okey i watched the stream now i should read the blog for a better understanding. Watching people is more about having fun with them enjoying it together not some walkthrough. But it might be interesting to see someone do it so we can see how would it look like. I'm not a pro YouTuber but i always watched streams and YouTubers Commentate and entertain.

@stantics Dude i just watched 2 of your videos 1 for the 1st channel 2nd from your gaming channel and i have to say the gaming channel is better. About the interaction thing if you are a youtuber who just started yes you have to promote your videos from forums that is essential no one will just find your videos. You need make some montages end edit them perfectly end post them wherever you can. İf you have a bigger audience then as @cadaea said you should tell them they can tweet you for the next video or even you can interact with them through comments. But as ı saw from your videos and subs you don't have to promote yourself from forums you have 200 subs lets say 100 of them regular so you have 100 stable views let them promote you make some better content and tell them to share it. Also ı would like to see mt commentator when he/she is playing so you can also consider adding your video to the gameplay. By the way you can go to twitch. Even the worst twitchers has 5 or 10 views if one of them subs to YouTube through twitch and you do weekly 4 every week you earn 5 subs to YouTube.

Also i look 2 of your gameplays too you don't put comments to your own videos. They might be like okey cool video but no one wrote a comment so i am a bit anxious to be the first one. So you can write your own and let them comment on them.

Dude cool content don't give up try to speak with your people. Cheers!

STAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 STAntics

@fatalati: Hey dude! Thanks so much for the feedback! Our other channel has kinda died. We're looking at doing more with it though, so gaming is the main one for now!

Funny you should say that, we're working on Montages or 'best ofs' at the moment! But I'm extremely busy in my day to day life, so I don't have much time to filter through all the videos to create montage, although we'd really like to.

We'd love to interact more with the audience, so we will be trying harder! Thanks again.