Editing a shortened theatrical cut of RDR2 for Blu-Ray - Optimal Shadowplay bitrate?

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

Planned output: AVCHD 2.0 - 1080p 60FPS 28mbps (30fps doesn't do this game justice)

Reason for using Shadowplay - OBS stalls in-game scripts (Can't pull Lenny up train, for example - button prompt won't load - checkpoint reload fails due to moving train - "You lost the train" - May be able to fix if I knew the proper settings for flawless non-SSD export (only 512gb SSD, RDR2 takes up over 100gb. I use additional internal HDDs for the footage for this reason.)

Known drawbacks: 192kbps max bitrate for audio in Shadowplay

Reason for not upgrading from an i7-6700 & 1080ti or upgrading in general - lack of money/inability to hold job (had and lost 5 this past year - foul play involved in 2 - have evidence to legally fight against one.). Not targeting 4k or max settings for same reason. Optimal in-game graphics settings already configured.

Reason for not optimizing video for better quality/online use instead - my apartment complex's only ISP is maxed at 30mbps download and 1.5mbps upload. I have another 10 months on the lease. This isn't intended for streaming anyway, but actual living room couch viewing.

With all this known, what is the best way I can go about this for my specific purpose, without taking out a loan and waiting half a year for PC parts to come back in stock? Knowing I must edit my footage before compressing it to disc, should I stick with the usual 50FPS video bitrate in shadowplay, or drop it a little lower because it won't make much difference in the final production anyway, and allow more footage to be stored within the same HDD space?

Edit: I've already made a rough cut of the prologue that flowed decently well. The footage's motion was just too jittery/microstuttery to use in a final production. No such issues exist when not recording with OBS.)

If you believe going with a smooth 30FPS with proper frame pacing still works well for this game, let me know and I'll try that instead of 60.