You all don't know Jack...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts

...but you all manage to know and love this Jack:

http://www.destructoid.com/jack-is-back-and-in-video-form-29627.phtml

therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts

it will be a sad day when they ban and overly control game content.
and if you forget that a game is a game, then your bad

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
what ever happened to blaming marilyn manson....not that thats any better of a scape goat but i think you should all see where i'm going w/ this.... and saying that the ppl who flew the planes on 9/11 had never touched a plane before in there lives is just wrong in every aspect. they were all professionaly trained in AMERICAN flight schools. i honestly can't believe that w/ all the ills in todays society he realy blames video games for all of them, and even uses his own son as a tool for his argument.
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts
These people are retarded. It makes me so angry that they blame games for everything. I have played violent games since I was little, but I NEVER had a history of violence or aggressive behaivor. In fact alot of people consider me to be more gentle and lazy than anyhting. Shoot, I'm even almost a straight A student(most B's). You know why I don't do anything crazy? GOOD PARENTING. If these parents brought up their kids right in the first place then none of this would happen. If the kid has a mental problem of aggressive behaivor then don't let them play. I have 2 nephews. 6 and 4. They play games like you wouldn't imagine. What have they done violent? NOTHING. Unless you consider play fighting, which almost all kids do, with their uncle(me) a violent thing to do which in normal society, it's completely healthy. They are boys after all lol. Violence can be stopped by good parenting, not by putting rules on games! Shoot, and give the store a little more heat for this. Most stores still don't even check I.D. when buying an M-rated game! gosh, these people need to yell at the parents, not the developers and industry.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Wow, Jack Thompson is getting dumber and dumber.
masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts
B.S...this is just B.S.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
Jack Thompson's my favourite comedian.
Zero_X5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Zero_X5213
Member since 2005 • 481 Posts

I saw oddworld in that video.

Oh oddworld, how i miss thee.

o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts
I'm making a video response to this. It should be up by Monday
TheRFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheRFour
Member since 2006 • 279 Posts

Ill make a forum response about this

'Every time Jack Thompson opens his mouth, a parent commits an infanticide. Jack, do the children a favor, and sew your mouth shut.'

jet2892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 jet2892
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
Is he really blaming flight stimulatior for 9-11....lol
Snakeeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Snakeeta
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts
They should strap him into a chair with the Virtual Boy on till his eyes bleed a la Kevin Pereira or however you spell it
mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 mfacek
Member since 2006 • 3000 Posts
HHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, He just totally blamed flight simulator for 9/11. Jack Thompson, you're really going out on a limb now.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

"Rorschach says: Oddworld is a violent video game related to the attacks on 9/11?

And here I thought you just possessed farts... "

rotflol yeah who knew?

Honsetly if games are as danerous as they think and half of america plays games then the country would be in complete anarchy right now! Games have a rating system so if a 9-year-old is playing a mature game it's the parents fault not the industry or the retailers. Any sane person can tell you that games can't train you to kill and if someone can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality then they are messed up to begin with. As someone who has played games for most of my life andnever been arrested, never acted up in school,and doesn'teven drink/smoke I find their level of ignorance appalling. You want to know what drives me crazy, hearing ignorant **** from people like you.

Snakeeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snakeeta

Games are teaching kids to kill. I'm teaching them how to be a dousche. Who win's? I win. Except at games. I always lose. That's why I hate them.......I suck.......

Jack Thomspon
Snakeeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Snakeeta

...but you all manage to know and love this Jack:

http://www.destructoid.com/jack-is-back-and-in-video-form-29627.phtml

killercuts3

Mr. Thompson, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. 
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
why exactly was Abe's Exodus in that trailer? Hardly the most violent game...
dunit13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dunit13
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
Moral Kombat lol the only thing they know about the MK series is there is blood in it I hate those stupid politicians and God forbid we blame the parents for the way their kids act. I guess if I get into a fight at school I'll just say I played Virtua Fighter and everyone will go oh its ok we didnt know that. how ridiculous. its not like we have a gun in our hand shooting stuff we have a controller huge difference. Im not going to wake up tomorrow and go I'm a level 45 High Mage that can cast almost every spell in Oblivion. I'm going to say darnit another boring summer day to waste away in Cyrodyl on my Xbox while talking to friends in private chat. There is no way I would go pick up a sword and kill someone or shoot something that looks like a locust.
Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts
these kinds of people are so stupid!
OnlineGama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 OnlineGama
Member since 2006 • 693 Posts

therapyhiccup

exactly

firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts

therapyhiccup

if that does happen, while the gaming industry will be more limited, the people that stick with it will usre as hell prosper. just look at illegal drugs, how much money would be made if they were legalized??? Not as nearly as much :D

MarMar415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MarMar415
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts
This is freaking absurd..... I use to be a little juvinile when I was a boy and you know what it wasn't video games,it was my enviroment. It's really funny how they blame video gamesfor the violence caused by children and teenagers, but the funny thing is they haven't even fixed the poverty in America andnow they wanna find an excuse on why people do these violent crimes.. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize thatsomeone who is really poorand can't afford what others can doesn't have nothing to lose and will attack the others who are more fortunate than they are. Blame society and and the community itself were the reason why crimes like this occur because it all aboutmoney and materialism.
MarMar415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MarMar415
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts

Excuse my punctation....

LordDarkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LordDarkstorn
Member since 2003 • 233 Posts
wow, obviously they haven't played many games. Whereas I do think that violent video games somewhat contribute to killings and suicides (remember that kid in Florida who killed himself over SW: Battlefront II), they really need to lay off. Games like Halo aren't going to turn little kids into future aggro killers, but Manhunt, maybe...
LordDarkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LordDarkstorn
Member since 2003 • 233 Posts
dam repubs...
thegreat_one3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thegreat_one3
Member since 2004 • 623 Posts
its people like him who make people commit crimes
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
Sooner or later he is going to blame everything on Video games. Jack Thompson is influencing people that everything has happend from Video Games. What about our history? Can you blame what has happend on Video Games? Its actually kinda funny and kinda pathetic how he is blaming a flight simulator for 9/11. Who believes games influence voilence I mean come on.. if your actually that unstable to kill someone like you did on a video game, then the person was mentally unstable in the first place.
Israels_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Israels_Son
Member since 2006 • 534 Posts
Jack Thompson and Joe LIEberman suck. That "social responsibility" they're talking about? That would be a parents' responsibility to male sure their kid isn't a screw up in everyday social settings, and once again, they are avoiding the logic that people who push kids who have issues like the columbine shooters are just as f***ed up as anyone who pulls a trigger and ought to be locked up for putting innoccent kids in the paths of bullets. Of course, it's easier to say someone else is screwing up our kids, not us.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

Oh my god....so they think that people who play flight simulators can learn how to fly planes by playing the simulators, and little kids learn how to shoot guns by playing FPSs? I have absolutely no idea how to fire guns and I play FPSs all the time.

I swear Jack only does this for attention.

JIMK1209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 JIMK1209
Member since 2003 • 403 Posts
Jack Thompson probably didn't get laid in years.
icecoldkilla78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 icecoldkilla78
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
this sickens me
masterconker25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 masterconker25
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts

ughh. i hate that fuc*in a**hole jack thompson and all those other fuc*ers who say video games cause violence. It's not the video game industry's fault that stupid losers like eric harris or dylan kle- something shoot up the school. It's their own damn fault for being losersand not having any friends. oh im not forgetting that fuc*in idiot at vt. its sad that all those people lost their lives. but its not a result of violent video games. Games are violent, but so are movies, tv, even music....so why the hell do they mainly focus on video games now. i mean they do have a rating system.
ughh. sorry for the rant. but those are my two cents on the matter.

Avatar image for JohnnytheFuture
JohnnytheFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 JohnnytheFuture
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts

There is no reason that any of you should be worried about what Jack Thompson is doing. These bills and law suits will never amount to anything.

Don't forget that in the decades to come, it is our generation that will be running this country, Jack Thompson will be a memory we can all laugh about. The odds are for the gamers here. It's as simple as that.