XboxOne all about linking services we are all trying to cut!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

I've worked hard to cut-the-cord with cable and all the so-called innovation that the Xbox One is touting has to do with watching television. No way am I going to go back to cable subscription and especially not with an intermediary(xbox one) charging me 15 bucks a month. There's enough gamer ADD these days, we don't need a machine, whose prime function is to multi-task, bringing more distractions to our gaming experiences. When I watch a movie, a sporting event or play games the last thing I want is interruptions. I don't want phone calls(skype in this case), stat tickers, fantasy crap or search engines cluttering up my screen.

If this is their big focus, I personally do not see myself having both consoles this generation. Gears is tired and was the last exclusive keeping Xbox relevant for me. My son will have to raise his own money to get his next-gen Halo fix I guess. Not that I had any temptation to begin with but I'll be sticking with Playstation as my platform of choice.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

Welcome to a new age of gaming

MS and Sony aren't trying to be the best in just one department anymore (gaming) they now want to be the best in ALL entertainment departments...games, movies, music, social media, etc.

These consoles arent' just about games anymore...but the good news is you can still play games on them and if all you want to do is play games on them and ignore everything else, then you can do that too

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I am a gamer, I want to play games. I don't want or need any of these extra features. I have direct tv.. so I dont need xbox tv. I have a phone and skype on computer, I dont need it on xbox. The original Kinect sucked... so instead of scrapping it they make it so every system must have one. Used games fee and must log online daily... no thanks. Sony will get my money.