Xbox.com = wtf?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pr3dator951
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts

anyone else hate this new xbox.com look? it's like they took a HUGE step backward and made it terrible. i really liked the old one and this new seems way too kid friendly. anyone agree/disagree? should their be an option to switch back?

wired4stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wired4stuff
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
i don't like it, not one bit no sir.
Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

ARGH!

It's horrible.

And i lost the ability to search for gamers! I can't find it.

I can only find the add a friend bit, and i don't want to add everyone i search for!

ARGH!

pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pr3dator951

i feel like they were going for a simple look but its 100x more consfusing to find and do simple things -___- i hate it...i feel like they changed it because of Kinect

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

Actually, I like the changes. Things are easier to navigate (for me) and there is more information available via the site then previously. Thumbs up from me!

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Each time they change it they make it worse...Microsuck live in the Bizarro universe.;)

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

anyone else hate this new xbox.com look? it's like they took a HUGE step backward and made it terrible. i really liked the old one and this new seems way too kid friendly. anyone agree/disagree? should their be an option to switch back?

pr3dator951
i dont mind it....its cool to feel like changing your avatar but not on your 360....doing it on the site is a good idea for people who dont get on as much as they want
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
i like the new message centre, where you can see all messages while writing a reply
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

It's ugly, way slower then before and it has yet to load my played games without missing at least 10 box arts.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
I like it a lot. The layout is easy and I haven't been getting random disconnects like before.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Don't really like it much either. It's actually more difficult to see things now against the background. They removed all the color...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I just dont like that they throw Kinect in your face. "Welcome non-gamer. Bye hardcore gamer." :P I kid...

The rest of it is really SPIFFY though. It's nice and neat. Easy to find things. More vibrant and welcoming.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

you know when i first read your post i said to my self this little kid sure don't like change...

but dang your right. what they have now it feeels this should came before the one we just had not after... there is one thing i do like though is when you click on my xbox it takes you to a pagewhere it tells you what u can all do on it

JudasKa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JudasKa
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I personaly Liked the old set up this new one is ugly and confusing, the avatar updateing thing is fine but when I am looking at my Achievements online or compairing with a friend I do not need the discription of the game on the list, navigating it is a headache now but this is Microsoft for you, Kinect is the new thing so every thing 360 gets a facelift if we wanted it or not.

Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
I'm not really a fan, but the avatar editor is pretty cool.
SonicX_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SonicX_89
Member since 2008 • 573 Posts

I've only logged in once since the update, but I don't mind the new look. I found it a bit easier to navigate the site also.

H-Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 H-Revolver
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts
It looks really good but I hate the fact that Microsoft is taking a more casual approach to the 360.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I don't know, it looks fine to me. There seem to be more options available.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

I knew gamers were generally very resistant to change, but come on....

They added a some cool functionality to the site. Any tweaks they made to the layout make it easier to find things.

pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pr3dator951

I just dont like that they throw Kinect in your face. "Welcome non-gamer. Bye hardcore gamer."

Elann2008

idk if you were serious or sarcastic haha but that's what i feel like they're doing :P

and i think it's safe to say we like the avatar editor...even though it's buggy and slow (ill let it slide cause it needs work on it since it just came out) but that was something they could've added to the old layout...no need for a whole new one

everytime i go on it it just screams "Welcome 8yr old who can't seem to navigate the site so we'll over simplify everything but in reality make it more confusing because we're Microsoft and we like making things 100x more complicated then necessary" :)

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah what i really hate is how flat and boxed off everything is. They did the same thing with the new dash update, made everything flat. It looks horrible and yes i agree with every update its getting worse. All they had to do was organize the original blades better but no they completely scrapped it.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#23 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

ya, its nasty...and whats even worse is thats how the new dashboard is gonna look :(

pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pr3dator951

ya, its nasty...and whats even worse is thats how the new dashboard is gonna look :(

chex81

i know -________________- fml. i saw the dashboard and was like wtf is this? why can't they keep the good stuff and just add on to it!!! :-/

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DJ_Magneto
What I don't get is why people equate this new look to the Xbox no longer being for "Hardcore Gamers" whatever that means any more. Shouldn't this stuff not even be a concern to the "Hardcore gamer"? It's not like they're going to stop making Gears of War or Call of Duty or whatever you consider "Hardcore" because of the way the dashboard looks. The games will still be there, so why does it matter how the website or dashboard looks? It's just change and gamers for the most part hate change. There was uproar about the transition from the old blades to the current look of the dashboard. After some initial crying, people started to get used to the current format and realized the improvements. The same thing is happening as they transition to a new dashboard look. Just get over it people and play your games.
rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

Just checked it and wow, it's really, really terrible.

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Looks horrible.
Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

...dunno it doesnt bother me! the last one sucked IMO

GTA_MAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 GTA_MAC
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts

Anyone else find it ironic that recently Microsoft has been trying very hard to cater their GAMING console to NON-GAMERS? They are so dumb, fo real.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

What I don't get is why people equate this new look to the Xbox no longer being for "Hardcore Gamers" whatever that means any more. Shouldn't this stuff not even be a concern to the "Hardcore gamer"? It's not like they're going to stop making Gears of War or Call of Duty or whatever you consider "Hardcore" because of the way the dashboard looks. The games will still be there, so why does it matter how the website or dashboard looks? It's just change and gamers for the most part hate change. There was uproar about the transition from the old blades to the current look of the dashboard. After some initial crying, people started to get used to the current format and realized the improvements. The same thing is happening as they transition to a new dashboard look. Just get over it people and play your games.DJ_Magneto

Didn't you hear?

"Hardcore" gamers don't like a well run website with easy to find choices

This is past hilarious, the site has become more user friendly and the Kinect stuff is actually the LAST choice yet people are saying they're going for the causal because as we all know putting something last means it's great.

So obviously casual means "people who do things correctly" and for some reason that's a con

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jaysonguy

Anyone else find it ironic that recently Microsoft has been trying very hard to cater their GAMING console to NON-GAMERS? They are so dumb, fo real.

GTA_MAC

You understand that all consoles are gaming consoles right?

I mean it's the whole point of the console

It's impossible to have a console that is not a gaming console

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DJ_Magneto
I still don't see what's so wrong with the website. Someone please explain to me what is wrong with it. Is it the white background? Is that too soft of a color? Should it be grey like the Gamespot website? What would make it "Hardcore" enough for you? What does that even mean? So because of the website and the changes that they're making to the dashboard in the next update and the upcoming release of Kinect, are you guys suddenly going to stop playing COD or Battlefield or MOH or Mass Effect or Oblivion or Gears or Halo or Red Dead Redemption or Madden or whatever you want to call "Hardcore"? Will you not want to play Gears 3, Brink, Rage, Mass Effect 3? "Stupid Kinect. Stupid website. Stupid dashboard. I'm not playing Black Ops any more because I don't appreciate M$ allowing people who aren't as hard core as me to play games. That's MY DOMAIN!!!!" You know how ridiculous that sounds? That's essentially what people are complaining about.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

What I don't get is why people equate this new look to the Xbox no longer being for "Hardcore Gamers" whatever that means any more. Shouldn't this stuff not even be a concern to the "Hardcore gamer"? It's not like they're going to stop making Gears of War or Call of Duty or whatever you consider "Hardcore" because of the way the dashboard looks. The games will still be there, so why does it matter how the website or dashboard looks? It's just change and gamers for the most part hate change. There was uproar about the transition from the old blades to the current look of the dashboard. After some initial crying, people started to get used to the current format and realized the improvements. The same thing is happening as they transition to a new dashboard look. Just get over it people and play your games.DJ_Magneto

I'm with you on this. sounds like 360 gamers want it to look more manly, lol

The new site looks very family friendly and has clean look to it but at the end of the day it doesnt make us less of a "hard core" gamer when using the site.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Everyone hates change at first. You'll get used to it. Nobody liked the new Xbox NXE thing when it came out but now people like it.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DJ_Magneto

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]What I don't get is why people equate this new look to the Xbox no longer being for "Hardcore Gamers" whatever that means any more. Shouldn't this stuff not even be a concern to the "Hardcore gamer"? It's not like they're going to stop making Gears of War or Call of Duty or whatever you consider "Hardcore" because of the way the dashboard looks. The games will still be there, so why does it matter how the website or dashboard looks? It's just change and gamers for the most part hate change. There was uproar about the transition from the old blades to the current look of the dashboard. After some initial crying, people started to get used to the current format and realized the improvements. The same thing is happening as they transition to a new dashboard look. Just get over it people and play your games.BLAS1AN

I'm with you on this. sounds like 360 gamers want it to look more manly, lol

The new site looks very family friendly and has clean look to it but at the end of the day it doesnt make us less of a "hard core" gamer when using the site.

At the end of the day, I'm still chainsawing people in half and blowing people's heads off. Anyone care to join me?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jaysonguy

I don't think it looks anymore family friendly then the old site

It's the same stuff and we're just able to get to it easier

It's user friendly now and considering I'm on the site a fair amount of time it's nice to see that it's better to use

R0NIIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R0NIIN
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

I like it.