Xbox360 - Shud i buy it now????????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anuj411
Member since 2004 • 509 Posts

I am planning on buying a 360 now,as i had bought a PS3 before which i had sell as there were no gud games to play .Luckily got a gud a price on it.

so anyway,

due the xbox current problem i wanted know is ok to buy it now or wait for sometime after they put new models in the store.i don't wat to waste so much money on a system tat will break down in the future. So Can anyone here tell me if i shud buy it rite now .

I like to buy the Xbox360 Elite

as i am thinking of buying a hdtv in the future,so i wanted it hd ready.

but rite now i have regular standard tv so wanted to know does is this version gona work with it .

Master-blobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Master-blobby
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts
Yea dude buy i now if you dont you wont have time to play all of last years awsome games like gears of war and, oblivion before this years awsome games come out. Go for it.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

I am planning on buying a 360 now,as i had bought a PS3 before which i had sell as there were no gud games to play .Luckily got a gud a price on it.

so anyway,

due the xbox current problem i wanted know is ok to buy it now or wait for sometime after they put new models in the store.i don't wat to waste so much money on a system tat will break down in the future. So Can anyone here tell me if i shud buy it rite now .

but rite now i have regular standard tv so wanted to know does is this version gona work with it .

anuj411
You bought a PS3, but sold it because there were no good games to play? Didnt you think about that before you bought it in the first place. The 360's out now are defective, but there is a 3 year warranty which is pretty good.
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
You shouldn't buy your 360 now as most 360's have issues on them. Microsoft called some of the companies like EB to return their stock for repairs. You should get them in October etc so you can get the 65nm chips which the 360 will last longer or something.
Gans_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gans_II
Member since 2003 • 253 Posts
Yea id go for it man, especially with the lineup the 360 has coming up... and if you get it now then same thing ^ said, you get to play Gears, Oblivion, R6V, LP & more while theyre new-ish.
owl777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 owl777
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts

Get the Wii at the end of the day ps3 is the same thing in disguise and you clearly didnt like it, as well at the end of the day they are all just kids toys that have replaced boardgames from years ago.

Skinn_E_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Skinn_E_G
Member since 2004 • 207 Posts

I bought one in December andnever had any problems with it. Then i sold it to a friend and got an elite. Never had any problems with either of them. I put plenty of hours on both too. Besides with the new warranty you should have to worry about a defective system.

Elite is definitely they way to go, but you may want to wait until the holidays for a packaged deal. I got my original at curcuit city on black fridayand Gears came with itfree.

hdue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 hdue
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
I'm about to get one also but I'm gonna wait for a month or so because at my EB half of the stock was sent for upgrade&repair..and those were the new ones...so I'll just lay back for awhile...and who knows...maybe an unexpected price drop will come(which i really doubt cuz MS loses money on every console and uses accessories and games as a crutch)...but it would be around holidays not in a month.
Psmol200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Psmol200
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

I just bought a 360 Elite Today, and its being shipped as we speak...

Ive heard the horror Stories with the prev versions of the console, I guess im a bit paranoid now, ive heard all the tips, give it space, take the hard drive out when done playing for about a hr, to let it cool... But can some Elite owners comment.. or are the majority Happy... with a flaw free system..

Also im assuming since i purchased it now, the new chip wont be in it.. i think its coded Falcon.. or something..

Thanks

Echo13791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Echo13791
Member since 2004 • 5029 Posts
ad move, the PS3s line up is looking great this fall and winter, and especially next year. Anyways, wait til october because all of the 360s are defective. Obviously this includes mine :(
Bikabenownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bikabenownz
Member since 2005 • 2613 Posts
So your telling me the Elite i bought last week is gonna break down eventually?I bought a fan and im fanning it down(it blows real fast and its cold air)so I hope it doesnt break..not a 360 fan,a real fan.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

Ive heard the horror Stories with the prev versions of the console, I guess im a bit paranoid now, ive heard all the tips, give it space, take the hard drive out when done playing for about a hr, to let it cool... But can some Elite owners comment.. or are the majority Happy... with a flaw free system..

Also im assuming since i purchased it now, the new chip wont be in it.. i think its coded Falcon.. or something..

Thanks

Psmol200
The Elite has the same problems as the Pro. I'm waiting for the Falcon. You have a 3 year warranty so dont worry about it.
hoff2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hoff2007
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts
ad move, the PS3s line up is looking great this fall and winter, and especially next year. Anyways, wait til october because all of the 360s are defective. Obviously this includes mine :(Echo13791
i feel ur pain my 360 broke like a month ago and its been in the mail for around 2 weeks. where is my xbox 360?? :(
Psmol200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Psmol200
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts
[QUOTE="Psmol200"]

Thanks

bunchofpixels

The Elite has the same problems as the Pro. I'm waiting for the Falcon. You have a 3 year warranty so dont worry about it.

Im going to assume, IF my 360 Dumps, wheni ship it to Microsoft they will be installing the new chip, if its avail, rather than just sending me another crapper.... lol

But im crossing my fingers

anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anuj411
[QUOTE="anuj411"]

so anyway,

bunchofpixels
You bought a PS3, but sold it because there were no good games to play? Didnt you think about that before you bought it in the first place. The 360's out now are defective, but there is a 3 year warranty which is pretty good.

well first i thought there were gona be gud games for the PS3,and

i only had played the ps2,so being sony fan i got the PS3.Its definitely a well made thing,

sony has done gud job in making the PS3 ,wat can i say i got fooled by them.Sony kept on saying its best next - gen system.with a slick look ,the cell processor, xbox being 2.0

but wats the use of such a quality hardware if there aren't any gud games to play with.
Danny_Pwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Danny_Pwnage
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts

so anyway, dude buy the xbox 360 right now , don´t buy the xbox 360 elite yes it´s cool b

anuj411
dude buy the xbox 360 right now , don´t buy the xbox 360 elite yes it´s cool but i´ts to much buy xbox 360 premium
Avatar image for USmellLikePoopy
USmellLikePoopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 USmellLikePoopy
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts
Buy it now.
anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anuj411

i shud probably wait then,i don't want to buy a defective piece.and plus shud wait till black friday ,might get a gud deal.

May be wait for tat new version Falcon,tat microsoft announced is coming soon.

but i can't wait anymore to play gears of war.tats the only game tat made me to choose xbox over PS3.

Tat game is just awesome.wow

I wanted buy the elite which looks awesome with tat cool black color ,plus its 120gb which will last for long time to come.

so i think its worth buying.but can anyone plz tell me do the Elite work with regular televisions.

Avatar image for WCWUSCHAMPION50
WCWUSCHAMPION50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WCWUSCHAMPION50
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

so anyway,

anuj411

Dude my advice to you is to wait till October to purchase the system. Ya people are gonna tell you buy it now and don't worry cause it has a warranty. You know something wait a little and by October you'll have that 65nm chip in your system. Right now these current elites don't have them. And these guys are taking a chance just for a small thrill of owning it. Be patient dude it will pay off with this new chip.

And you guys didn't answer his question on will it work on standard tv. I don't have any fancy setup or anything man. I just got a 19inch SLYVANIA standard tv set. And yes it will work on standard tv here are some pics and a link to everything that comes inside of your Elite purchase:

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=110489

Now go to the bottom of this following link and it will not only confirm that you can plug the elite into a Standard tv. But it even shows you how to do it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/accessories/hdavcable.htm

Eventually I'm sure that the next gen consoles will require all of us that don't have HDTV to switch. But not now thankfully!!!

a9l8e7n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 a9l8e7n
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts
yup, great games are coming out like crazy.
WCWUSCHAMPION50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WCWUSCHAMPION50

So anuj411 what are you gonna do brother?

Buy it now or wait till Oct like me?

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

Thanks

Psmol200

if it makes you feel better the elite has a lot less problems than the previous ones. i owned a premium a few actually and i have an elite the elite runs smoother, and is quieter (disk drive) and the system than the previous ones.

anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anuj411

WCWUSCHAMPION50

thanx for all tat info man,it really helped me decide wat to do 8) ,i think its gud wait till october for tat new xbox360.as i don't want buy a thing tat will overheat all time.do u know when the new system is gona come out.

hope it as slick new design & color like the current elites .but i can't wait to play gears of war.

hope microsoft get rite this time with FALCON.

i just hate this Sony has made the best console ever with no gud games to play with,whereas microsoft has the best games out there plus xboxlive but a console with so many problem.

anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 anuj411

I just read on some site tat the new 360 codename FALCON will not only solve the overheating problems or as it called the

RED RING OF DEATH

But its also posted tat microsoft may reduce the price of Falcon due to the reduced chipset .

i doubit tat as they have made a massive loss to a staggering figure of $1.2 billion as a result of the three year extension of XBOX360.so falcon will be best version.

sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
buy it before the middle of next month cause thats when the big realeses are gonna start I.E. Bioshock and Blue dragon
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
Coming soon- 65nm chips and price drops
anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anuj411

buy it before the middle of next month cause thats when the big realeses are gonna start I.E. Bioshock and Blue dragonsonofabear17

well i can wait for the new releases ,i still have get games tat are already out like gears of war.i can only afford 2 to 3 titles which are 50 to 60 dollars each.so i don't know how can u afford them.

Xbox360gamer1

i think i will wait for tat new system with

65nm chips and price drops
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lach0121

[QUOTE="sonofabear17"]buy it before the middle of next month cause thats when the big realeses are gonna start I.E. Bioshock and Blue dragonanuj411

well i can wait for the new releases ,i still have get games tat are already out like gears of war.i can only afford 2 to 3 titles which are 50 to 60 dollars each.so i don't know how can u afford them.

Xbox360gamer1

65nm chips and price drops

actually 65.15$ is the exact price lol of the games

anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anuj411
[QUOTE="anuj411"]

Xbox360gamer1

65nm chips and price dropsLach0121

tats alot :shock::? LACH

I don't how can ppl afford them.hope some ppl don't start robbing stores or something,to pay for the games lol

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lach0121
[QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="anuj411"]

Xbox360gamer1

65nm chips and price dropsanuj411

I don't how can ppl afford them.hope some ppl don't start robbing stores or something,to pay for the games lol

yeah i just knocked off Kays jewlers lol, no for real i use gameznflix.com

its like gamefly but with movies and games, im on a 3 out at a time now (movies or games) for 18$ a month, keep them as long as i want. no late fees.

WCWUSCHAMPION50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WCWUSCHAMPION50
[QUOTE="WCWUSCHAMPION50"]

anuj411

thanx for all tat info man,it really helped me decide wat to do 8) ,i think its gud wait till october for tat new xbox360.as i don't want buy a thing tat will overheat all time.do u know when the new system is gona come out.

hope it as slick new design & color like the current elites .but i can't wait to play gears of war.

hope microsoft get rite this time with FALCON.

i just hate this Sony has made the best console ever with no gud games to play with,whereas microsoft has the best games out there plus xboxlive but a console with so many problem.

You got it brother we're all fellow gamers and I love to assist!

There is no date exactly in October but I'm guessing they want to get it out asap.But ya this chip is a way for Micro to redeem themeselves. So I don't expect any overheating redlights or whatever. I'm waiting for October to come and I trust Micro with this new chip. They let us down before but I don't think any of us future Elite owners will be let down again. You can quote me on that of course. But I'm very confident dude!

I don't think they will give it any other design, it's just gonna be a black elite with a 65nm chip inside. I'm actually looking forward to playing the new GTA.

For their sake they better get it right with this chip. But like I said I'm not worried because I've got some faith in these guys to redeem themselves. They won't and they can't let us down again. Because I'm sure even they are tired of receiving consoles to fix the red light thing. It gets fricken annoying to have a store room full of faulty consoles to fix. I personally would roll my eyes and think not again!!!

Plus it turns people away from buying their console, and they don't want us buying a PS3 or Wii.

So ya just be like me dude and relax cause our future purchase of this console will be bright:D

Coveanant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Coveanant
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts
[QUOTE="anuj411"][QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="anuj411"]

Xbox360gamer1

65nm chips and price dropsLach0121

yeah i just knocked off Kays jewlers lol, no for real i use gameznflix.com

its like gamefly but with movies and games, im on a 3 out at a time now (movies or games) for 18$ a month, keep them as long as i want. no late fees.

just keep them then lol.

anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 anuj411

tats wat is so gud about gameznflix,u can keep the games as long as u want,if u tired of playing the same game u can just exchange it .i always use this service,its a lot better than gamefly.plus u can buy from them too.its so cheap e.g Gear of War which is sells for 59.99 is just 48.59 if u have membership there.And it just 53.99 without the membership.

u save alot of money from this.i don't know why they charge so less for the games,but who cares its all good for us.

Kickinurazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Kickinurazz
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts
buy a 360 when the price goes down