Xbox won't read COD4. Any help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

J3ST3R_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 J3ST3R_17
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

Now before you ask: NO, it isn't my laser or disc tray or anything that's broken. My 360 plays every other game I have without a hitch, they all run perfectly. It's only COD4 that seems to not work. It played fine when I first got it, but then one day it refused to operate. It's not even a matter of a "disc read error", as no such notice appears. The box simply won't recognize that the game is in the tray. I put it in, it whirs for a second, and then the "open tray" option appears again, as if there's nothing in the console. I've tried restarting, clearing the cache, and taking the disc in for a buff, even though it was already in great condition. This is a very strange problem for which I've been completely unable to find a solution, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

thats what happens if you play a game to much. your going to have to just leave it be for about a week or 3 days and then try it again. also, turn your 360 off and crank up the AC in your house. i know it sounds wierd, but it helps. fixed my Oblivion disc.

bronxxbombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 bronxxbombers
Member since 2009 • 2840 Posts
Leave it on until the rings that are normally green turn red, that means you refreshed you system, and that should work. jk.
J3ST3R_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 J3ST3R_17

thats what happens if you play a game to much. your going to have to just leave it be for about a week or 3 days and then try it again. also, turn your 360 off and crank up the AC in your house. i know it sounds wierd, but it helps. fixed my Oblivion disc.

Aslyum_Beast

Yeah... I've "let it be" for over a month now, and it's still a no-go. And while I can understand cooling the system a little if it was an all-encompasing problem, this is just for a single game disc. And I somehow doubt the authenticity of allowing a disc time to "recharge" so to speak, but if it worked for Oblivion who knows, right? That's a very interesting fix and I imagine several other unforseen factors were involved.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Is the disk in good condition?

J3ST3R_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 J3ST3R_17

Is the disk in good condition?

Vari3ty

Yep, it's in great shape. Even took it in for a buff just in case. Once again, I'm not getting a disc read error like I would if the disc were just dirty or something, it just doesn't know that there's a game in the tray.

J3ST3R_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 J3ST3R_17

Dont play CoD 4?

Grif-yes
Admittedly, a very tempting option. I don't love the game nearly as much as some people do. It's more the principle of the matter. I paid 50 bucks for this game so I damn well don't want the thing giving up on me after less than a year. Plus I'd like to know how to fix this issue if it ever pops up again with something like Bioshock. Because then I might start headbutting kittens.
S3XYT1M3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 S3XYT1M3
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

maybe its just broken and you should just buy a new one