XBOX Wireless Controller - Win 10 HELP PLS

#1 Posted by craige4u (29 posts) -

Hello,

I am new to Xbox and want to use the Xbox Wireless Controller on my Win 10 PC and like to ask... what care I have to take while purchasing it ?

Is there different types of wireless controller for Xbox S and Xbox X ?

I also understand there was some update by Microsoft to controllers, so how to make sure it is the latest revision ?

Also, will I get Rumbles & vibration on most games ?

Need all your assistance guys :-)

#2 Posted by npiet1 (1301 posts) -

There's no difference in controllers except for early base Xbone controllers they didn't have Bluetooth. I don't think you can even buy them anymore without Bluetooth. You can either use Bluetooth or usb cable for Windows 10. You don't really need to update controllers. You will get rumbles & vibration on most games especially anything AAA.

#3 Posted by Ovirew (8392 posts) -

I went to Best Buy and they had Xbox One controllers specifically for PC. If you're uncertain whether the controller will work with your PC, I'd go that route since it comes with this USB receiver for wireless play.

#4 Posted by Vaidream45 (1412 posts) -

@Ovirew: if your pc has Bluetooth on it I hightly suggest you use the Bluetooth over the wireless dongle. But do what Ovirew said and get the one that comes with the dongle so you can use it in whatever device you want.

#5 Edited by craige4u (29 posts) -

Okay Npiet1 above said there is one one type of wireless controller and others are talking about connectivity only - I have Bluetooth Mobo :-)

So, now is there actually 2 varities of controllers - Xbox One & One S ?

See this Amazon link, and as per Titles thay are different !

https://www.amazon.in/Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Bluetooth-Black/dp/B06X92RN9D/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1543509425&sr=8-4&keywords=xbox+wireless+controller

https://www.amazon.in/Microsoft-Xbox-one-Controller-Wireless/dp/B06XW19RGY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543509509&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+one+s+wireless+controller

#6 Posted by craige4u (29 posts) -

BUMP !