Xbox WIFI Adaptor vs. Router Problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 frederikfrey
Member since 2005 • 836 Posts

Hey I have a problem.

I have alot of wireless systems in my house. I have one Netgear 300 N wireless router with a WPA2 cryptation security on it because otherwise my two laptops with vista won't work well. My ps3 also has NO problem with the WPA2 connection. but my Xbox 360 does.

my question:

Can't I just go out and buy an extra Wireless router and connect it to the one I already own tru' one of the "Ethernet ports" of the one I already have, to the "internet port" on the new one? Wouldent that give me to separate Wifi connections, so I could keep the WPA2 for my ps3 and laptops While making a new WEP or unsecure connection on the new router connected to the old one, Only for my Xbox 360. Could that work, can you make two connections that way?

Thanks in advance

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
im not sure that will work, and even if it does chances are the signals will interfere and the connection strength will not be that strong
frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 frederikfrey

im not sure that will work, and even if it does chances are the signals will interfere and the connection strength will not be that strongchaoscougar1

ok thanks. that dosn't sound to good

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]im not sure that will work, and even if it does chances are the signals will interfere and the connection strength will not be that strongfrederikfrey

if u can, i suggest plugging that ethernet cord straight into the 360, no chance of signal loss there

frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 frederikfrey
[QUOTE="frederikfrey"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]im not sure that will work, and even if it does chances are the signals will interfere and the connection strength will not be that strongchaoscougar1

if u can, i suggest plugging that ethernet cord straight into the 360, no chance of signal loss there

the problem is that my router is not in the same room as my xbox, and I don't want a wireed across the floor ;-)

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="frederikfrey"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]im not sure that will work, and even if it does chances are the signals will interfere and the connection strength will not be that strongfrederikfrey

the problem is that my router is not in the same room as my xbox, and I don't want a wireed across the floor ;-)

yeh fair enough, what are the problems the 360 is having...is it not connecting at all?

frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frederikfrey
[QUOTE="frederikfrey"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="frederikfrey"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]im not sure that will work, and even if it does chances are the signals will interfere and the connection strength will not be that strongchaoscougar1

yeh fair enough, what are the problems the 360 is having...is it not connecting at all?

yeah exactly. the router is only 5 meters away and only one wall separate them, the problem is the WPA2, it's suppose to work but it dosn't I've read alot of postings that say that they have the same problem. The Xbox can't find the connection 9 out of 10 times. JESUS!!!

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts
I would go out and change out for a Linksys system i now have the duel-band N and i no longer have any problems with any of my systems and i am wireless out with PC/Wii/PS3.Xbox 360/Iphones/plus let my neighbours use my syetems so toss in 2 more laptops
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chaoscougar1
thats frustrating another option may be getting a bridge or hub, they may be able to direct traffic better and may be able to handle two routers
frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frederikfrey
yeah thanks, i've got to figure something out. I can't stand this