watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

Just got an X1 yesterday and im trying to download MWR update but its taking forever. All day and im at 15%, what do i do?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

I'm thinking you take you and your sig out of here...

System Wars is that-o-way ------------------>>>>>>>>>

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#3 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

@watchdogsrules: Sounds like your connection is on the slow side. I find that my games/updates will download slower if I'm playing something else, even if its not an online game. You could try going wired from your router to your Xbox. Hopefully that speeds things up!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

I'm thinking you take you and your sig out of here...

System Wars is that-o-way ------------------>>>>>>>>>

Lol yep.

killingjoke94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 killingjoke94
Member since 2017 • 26 Posts

Yeh that's your connection you need to get sorted. Whose your internet provider?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Found GeoW4 for a couple of euros, got it yesterday, wanted to see it in its HDR glory. First it had to download a 40GB patch, I left it do its thing over night. Just tried to start it (the next morning), needed another 4,5GB patch lol. Got the S two days ago, I've been mainly just updating my games, three ****** games :D On playstation you can ignore the update and play the game, this is not an option here though.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

yeah, make sure your connection is wired, also make sure your home network doesn't bottleneck

once when I had to update my home network my router was the bottleneck, it capped each wired connection at like 20 megabits/sec, so I upgraded to a new router and I never had to worry about it doing that again

I will say though, for some reason, certain games or whatever on XBL download slower than others for no reason, I've had days where I've been downloading at like 150 megabits/sec, then for like one item in my queue it will download at a crawl, sometimes in the past when this happens doing a system restart corrects things, other times though resetting the XB1 doesn't seem to do squat, so yeah, it's not perfect but mostly it's not an issue for me

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Updated mine last night after a couple of months of being offline. Took about 15 mins on BT infinity.