Xbox scratched Homefront, what do I do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hazzard6X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hazzard6X
Member since 2010 • 158 Posts

Will Microsoft or THQ fix it for me? I've also read that if I borrow or rent another copy of homefront and install it to my xbox then I'll be able to play my own scratched copy. I've tried installing my own copy but it stops at 20%. So what do I do?

ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

You should thank your xbox because it did you a favor.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Get a new copy.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

ElPadilla

^Subjective post.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

ElPadilla
OoOo It's fun, what you talking about. It might not be polished but truly how many new franchise from then low devs. are
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Will Microsoft or THQ fix it for me? I've also read that if I borrow or rent another copy of homefront and install it to my xbox then I'll be able to play my own scratched copy. I've tried installing my own copy but it stops at 20%. So what do I do?

Hazzard6X
Well i heard but not sure if it's true. But installing other copy of a game then taking other copy won't work. Thats what i heard from someone, i never had that issue though. how is it scratched? like burn mark? or did you move the xbox? w/e call microsoft and raise hell to the low class employee then go to manager and still raise hell if they refuse and threaten that you never buy Microsoft again, IDK
lKoRuPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lKoRuPT
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

Hazzard6X
Yes, install it to your hard drive from another good disc and then you can keep your scratched disc to play. As long as the xbox can recognize what game it is (you can see the game name and art), this would work.
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

Buy a second copy of the game, this time get a warrenty from whatever retailer you purchased it from.

Bring the new copy home, open it and swap the scratched disc with the fresh one.

Bring back the your first game in the second games case and have it replaced.

You now have 2 copies. Sell the second one to a friend, on ebay, or through craigslist or kajiji.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#9 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Homefront isn't too bad. Like a previous poster in this thread said, it might not be polished but it has a great atmosphere and really paints a sobering picture of war occupation and combat.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Homefront isn't too bad. Like a previous poster in this thread said, it might not be polished but it has a great atmosphere and really paints a sobering picture of war occupation and combat.

MathMattS

^This is totally related to topic.

On-Topic: I don't think you can return it. Is your xbox vertical? I read it can scratch your disks, not sure though. I'd just put it horizontally to be sure.

Secret-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Secret-Face
Member since 2011 • 223 Posts
Borrow or rent a copy and put it on your HDD. Install it, and then you will be able to play your copy no problems.
AdrianDeWet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AdrianDeWet
Member since 2010 • 253 Posts

Buy a second copy of the game, this time get a warrenty from whatever retailer you purchased it from.

Bring the new copy home, open it and swap the scratched disc with the fresh one.

Bring back the your first game in the second games case and have it replaced.

You now have 2 copies. Sell the second one to a friend, on ebay, or through craigslist or kajiji.

Crypt_mx

Sadly most retail stores have a policy where they will not exchange/refund any disk (be it music, dvd or game) that have scratch marks on them. This is in reference to the bolded.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Pat your xbox while saying "That'll do."

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#14 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

youll have to buy a new copy sad but true they will not fix that

billyd5301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 billyd5301
Member since 2008 • 1572 Posts
None of the above. Call around to rental shops and ask if they have a resurfacing machine. I have 2 here in my store. I use one to fix scratches and the other to buff it out. Process takes about 5 minutes and you should expect to pay $3-$5 depending on how bad it is. Heck you could even mail it to me and I'd fix it or you can check Amazon for the Zdag 102. They are about $100.00 and unless you are in business it should last you the rest of your life.
Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

Renting and installing will work, I installed oblivion one of the few times it would work for me because it is so scratched up( day one rated teen edition) and now it always plays.

Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

Pat your xbox while saying "That'll do."

Schreek

Pat your xbox while saying "That'll do pig, that'll do". FIXED

Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts

Hazzard6X
I've personally installed a borrowed copy of a game before and was then able to play using my damaged disc. You should definitely borrow/rent and try it out. In case it helps, the game I did this with was Saints Row 2.