xbox open tray error

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stabthemidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stabthemidget
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

im tired of microsoft's bs. ive had a total of 3 xbox's, the first one died due to RROD, second one died to the open tray error, third one just died yesterday to the open tray error. has microsoft released any word on how i can fix it?? or do they just want me to go spend another 200$ on another xbox so it will break. does anybody know how to fix the open tray? ive tried the tapping method over and over again and it still doesn't work,and im not going to open the console because i still have a best buy warranty to get another refurbished one. i really want to get a ps3 but i have so many games for the xbox and i dont have the money :/

goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 goki1012
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

You should have called customer support in the first place...

stabthemidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stabthemidget
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

goki1012

i did with my first xbox that had the open tray, they told me to send it in for a 150$ repair

goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 goki1012

[QUOTE="goki1012"]

stabthemidget

i did with my first xbox that had the open tray, they told me to send it in for a 150$ repair

D*mn! Anyway I have no clue how to fix open tray error, but to prevent RRoD you should buy an Intercooler TS. But if you're really smart, buy an Xbox 360 Slim and all your worry will go away
Mrbojangles34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Mrbojangles34
Member since 2006 • 8918 Posts
[QUOTE="stabthemidget"]

[QUOTE="goki1012"]

goki1012

D*mn! Anyway I have no clue how to fix open tray error, but to prevent RRoD you should buy an Intercooler TS. But if you're really smart, buy an Xbox 360 Slim and all your worry will go away

:P I'm still paranoid about my Slim. But I guess I should have more faith. My launch 360 lasted 4 years. But really I just don't want my brand new xbox to break. It looks so nice and all. And so far works phenomenally.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="goki1012"][QUOTE="stabthemidget"]

Mrbojangles34

:P I'm still paranoid about my Slim. But I guess I should have more faith. My launch 360 lasted 4 years. But really I just don't want my brand new xbox to break. It looks so nice and all. And so far works phenomenally.

I had an open tray error happen to my Jasper but luckily I was within warranty.

I just got the slim today too and hoping for no issues either. I'm going to install the games I play to take the least amount of wear off the fans and disc tray as I can since it has a 250 gig HDD. :)

goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 goki1012

[QUOTE="Mrbojangles34"][QUOTE="goki1012"] D*mn! Anyway I have no clue how to fix open tray error, but to prevent RRoD you should buy an Intercooler TS. But if you're really smart, buy an Xbox 360 Slim and all your worry will go awayCwagmire21

I had an open tray error happen to my Jasper but luckily I was within warranty.

I just got the slim today too and hoping for no issues either. I'm going to install the games I play to take the least amount of wear off the fans and disc tray as I can since it has a 250 gig HDD. :)

So far I installed all my games and have used up 56 GB of memory. 250 GB is a hell lot, how come Sony is making a 360 GB PS3 xD
JS0123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JS0123456789
Member since 2007 • 927 Posts

I've had the open tray on my 360 for about two years. I just keep using it - all you have to do is tap/knock/smack softly on the top of the 360, above the disc drive, while it is trying to read the disc. It's a little annoying but better than dropping $150 for repairs or buying a new one.

goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 goki1012

I've had the open tray on my 360 for about two years. I just keep using it - all you have to do is tap/knock/smack softly on the top of the 360, above the disc drive, while it is trying to read the disc. It's a little annoying but better than dropping $150 for repairs or buying a new one.

JS0123456789
Did you try installing the game once you got it to read it? Maybe that can solve the problem..
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
[QUOTE="JS0123456789"]

goki1012
Did you try installing the game once you got it to read it? Maybe that can solve the problem..

No, it can't. It stil has to read the disc initially. I know because I tried to do so.