Xbox One X Controller loses connection when used to power on the console when the console is fully shutdown.

kk138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By kk138
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

When I try to boot the system using the controller, the system turns on but then the controller loses its connection to the Xbox and keeps on flashing. It does not sync back up with the sync buttons. It is to be noted that this only happens when the console is fully shutdown before you boot the system using the controller.

It only reconnects upon restarting the controller OR the alternative to avoid this issue is to turn on the console itself using the power button on the console and then turn on the controller afterwards. I have not been able to boot the system with the controller without losing connection and it's really frustrating

I did all the troubleshooting steps and even had the console replaced but the problem still persists.

Please tell me Microsoft is doing something about this. Can someone please confirm that this as a known issue?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4362 Posts

have you tried another controller...

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Mine was doing this for a while as well.

Try a different controller, but also try to see if the battery charge level makes a difference. That seems to be what the problem was for me, as I haven't had it since I started paying more attention to the batteries.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4362 Posts

i forgot. their is a update for the controller to. you got to dl the app from store. to update it.