Xbox one - graphical issues on some games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

I have a day one Xbox one and bundled it with Assassins Creed Black Flag & Deadrising 3. AC plays wonderfully. DR3 on the other hand has large black pixelated blobs that move across the screen. I uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared out the cache, I even returned the disk and got another but still have the same problem. I then got Forza and it is also pixelated (not as badly as DR3). I've tried calibrating my TV (Sharp Aquos 70") but still the only games that plays well is AC BF. I got a hold of Microsoft and they said if one game in four works they it's the games not the Xbox one. Hummmmm. Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues or can suggest some kind of fix.

Thanks in advance! :)

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

that's sounds like a TV problem

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Sorry to say it sounds like a TV issue. Not likely an issue with the Xbox if AC4 works fine. One thing I would recommend trying is maybe switch the games out at the place you got them and see if it's a disc problem.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

buy a new tv mate

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mo-licious

Thanks for the feedback folks. The TV is less than a year old (Sharp Aquos Quatron 70"). Not really ready to buy a new one. The 360 works great and since Assassins Creed Black Flag plays beautifully and I've tried two copies of Deadrising 3 it makes me curious if the resolution is the issue. I tried downgrading to 720/30 but still a problem. Strange.... and I so want to play DR3.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

i want a picture of what your talking about.

i know dead rising 3 has a grey tone to it and there is quite a bit pop in and stuff. IDK about forza as i don't play it. Yet you say AC4 looks great

i guess all i can say try to hook it up to different t.v to see if it's really the t.v or not.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I own a Sharp Aquos TV and my X1 work perfect with it.

dinb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 dinb
Member since 2003 • 1185 Posts

I don't see issues with DR3 or any other if the launch games.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

Keep messing with the display settings. Like the bits per pixel setting. I'm not sure it will do anything, but it's worth a shot. I have mine set to 24 bits per pixel. I don't think a lot of tv's support any higher. Also try changing the display to full RGB.

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mo-licious

Here is a pic. I've tried 3 different DR3 disks all with the same result. :( I've tried all different display settings. I'm thinking returning the console for a new one is my only choice.

http://www.gamespot.com/images/1300-2409732

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

did you try a different HDMI port? Or a different T.V. just to see if the T.V. is the problem?

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mo-licious

I tried the 3rd copy of DR3 and 2nd of Forza 5 today and had issues. I went back and exchanged my console and now everything is working peachy. The installation was the same so that leaves me to truly believe I got a wonky console. DR3 is super fun. Thanks everyone. I would suggest to anyone who experiencing the same issue just replace the console without jumping through a ton of hoops or searches endlessly for a solution. Cheers! :)

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Well I played Forza 5 on my 22 inch monitor and I'm glad because when I saw it displayed on a larger screen (42 inch) it looked horrible. Jaggies all over the place. I can only imagine on a 70 inch it looks like crap. And Dead Rising 3 looks worse graphically so I can only imagine.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Well I played Forza 5 on my 22 inch monitor and I'm glad because when I saw it displayed on a larger screen (42 inch) it looked horrible. Jaggies all over the place. I can only imagine on a 70 inch it looks like crap. And Dead Rising 3 looks worse graphically so I can only imagine.

You think the X1 has jaggies on a 42" screen the PS4 has jaggies on a 12" screen!

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Forza 5 looks amazing and Dead Rising 3 looks great to. In all honesty I bet you haven't even played them.

(Edit) Happy to hear this worked out for you, surprised since I haven't heard of that defect with Xbox One units but it sounds a lot better than replacing a TV!

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@TwistedShade: Sorry I'm not rich but I have money to buy the latest consoles and the games. But apparently your feeling guilty about not owning one otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. I have both systems and a $4000 computer. What else would you like to know? Get a life and stop assuming everyone is broke like you.