SDMF_TrueBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 SDMF_TrueBlue
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts

I tried finding some stats, but had no luck. Allow me to share my frustrations with the One. Well, I can't totally rag on it. I love using Kinect to navigate Netflix and Amazon Instant Video. I've put some time into and really enjoyed Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, and Wolfenstein: The New Order. Anyway, here's my story-

I received my launch One on 11/22. The next day when a friend invited me to join a party, the headset wasn't picking up the sounds, but Kinect was. Assuming this to be the controller, my wife bought another one, but that wasn't the problem. On Monday the sensor that connects the controller to the console failed. As I bought the console from Amazon, they replaced it for free via one-day rush shipping. My second One lasted a week and the exact same thing happened. Once again, Amazon replaced it. Within a week, the Kinect sensor for my third One failed and Microsoft replaced it for free. Fast forward three more weeks and the console stopped reading discs. And again, Amazon replaced it. After two months, my fourth One started giving me problems with not wanting to read discs. It would after a few tries, so I left it at that as I was rather enjoying Titanfall. With the release of Wolfenstein: The New Order, I hoped it would read the disc and it did. Until this morning. When I tried to load, it just sat on the black screen. I quit the player, tried to reload, and nothing. I completely powered the One down, back on, and tried again. Still nothing. So because I didn't replace it when it first started acting up, I will have had my fourth One for four months. Microsoft is sending a replacement. I made it quite clear that that will be my fifth One since launch.

That's a bit messed up, no? In the six months since launch, I've had FOUR Ones that were either defective at the time I received them or became defective quickly thereafter. I still have my FIRST Xbox. I had two 360s get the RROD, one had a different internal failure, and my last (white) 360 had to be replaced when the HDMI port wasn't putting out a picture. I've had my 360s for two and a half years with no problems. It took six years to go through as many 360s as it has taken to go through Ones in a measly six months.

I don't think it's too much to ask to get a console that works properly over time. Maybe I'm just entitled, but I also think that Microsoft should be doing more to appease customers that have had problems. Granted, I hope no one has had these experiences. As long as Ones keep breaking, I'll keep having them replaced. I want to get back to Wolfenstein. I'm hyped for Arkham Knight, The Evil With, and Halo 5. I just need a console that lasts.

SDMF_TrueBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SDMF_TrueBlue

Logically, that makes perfect sense. There is nothing on top of or otherwise in contact with my One (except the shelf). There is plenty of circulation in the room (two vents and two ceiling fans). It's not crowded in any way. Everything else near it (tv, sound bar, 360) all work fine.

Literally none of my friends have had a One go bad. One of them has seen my setup and had no concerns.

Avatar image for danyopizlesgirl
Danyopizlesgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Danyopizlesgirl
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Is your Xbox One plugged into a surge protector? That can fry your Xbox and the power brick is its own surge protector\. Did you ever call Xbox support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX or check out xbox.com for help on the sound coming out of the Kinect instead of the Mic? There is a very simple fix for it on xbox.com, all you have to do is go to the sign in option in the upper left by the notification globe, find your profile and click choose this person...

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The Odds would say either it's something you are doing or you are lying.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Far out is it just me or does this smell like a bait thread? I apologise to you sincerely OP if I'm wrong here, but there's NO WAY you could go through 4 Xbox One consoles like that unless you're doing something majorly wrong on your end. This whole story sound like bullshit to me, and a way to shit on Microsoft, that's my honest opinion.

If you have proof, please show me.

SDMF_TrueBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SDMF_TrueBlue

I see where you're coming from, Battle. The only "proof" I have is my review on Amazon (name SDMF). I'm not trying to shaft MS either. I simply want a One that lasts like my 360S has. And yes, I have gone through that many. I know you're just looking out for Sony trolls. The funny thing is my wife, who is a Sony fan, keeps telling me to get a refund to get a PS4 and I keep refusing.

Xhawk- It's not anything I'm doing, nor am I lying. I treat my One as I have my other consoles. Discs stay in the case. There is nothing on or otherwise touching it.

Dany- I don't use a power strip. As far as the Kinect and headset went, I went through troubleshooting with MS before having it replaced. I've went to MS every time I've had a problem and they've offered to replace it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@SDMF_TrueBlue said:

I see where you're coming from, Battle. The only "proof" I have is my review on Amazon (name SDMF). I'm not trying to shaft MS either. I simply want a One that lasts like my 360S has. And yes, I have gone through that many. I know you're just looking out for Sony trolls. The funny thing is my wife, who is a Sony fan, keeps telling me to get a refund to get a PS4 and I keep refusing.

Xhawk- It's not anything I'm doing, nor am I lying. I treat my One as I have my other consoles. Discs stay in the case. There is nothing on or otherwise touching it.

Dany- I don't use a power strip. As far as the Kinect and headset went, I went through troubleshooting with MS before having it replaced. I've went to MS every time I've had a problem and they've offered to replace it.

I think it's on your end. You need to buy a quality surge proctor power strip and plug the X1 into it. You might have line spikes in your electric wiring.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre

@SDMF_TrueBlue said:

That line right there pretty much confirms to me that you are a troll. If you really had a problem with your Xbox One's and this actually happened to you why would you bring up anything about the PS4? This is about you wanting advice on how to avoid this problem in the future, not to take shots at the Xbox One and pretty much say "I know the PS4 is better, why don't I listen to my wife". Honestly mate if you want a PS4 go get one, I also have one too.

But don't come here taking a shit on Microsoft because you don't like them or their console. As for your Amazon reviews, I could sign up to Amazon right this second and write my own negative reviews. It doesn't mean anything to me, or prove that you're genuine.

But just for the shits and giggles, can you provide me a link to these said reviews?

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

then I guess you are really unlucky . My xbox 360 worked fine for 1 years until recently the laser isn't reading discs and I have to replace it . :(

My brother's Xbox one is totally fine . I think xbox one is very well made and its so much better than 360 in every way ( lets face it , 360 had A LOT of problems ) .

when you hold it feels really strong , and its so quite . and there are no heat issues ! I played Forza 5 for 3 hours and when i touched Xbox one it was actually a bit cold :D

SDMF_TrueBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SDMF_TrueBlue

Well Battle, I thought you were an intelligent gamer, but no, you're just eager to attack. And given that you are too lazy to bother to search, allow a copy and paste-

4 of 5 people found the following review helpful2.0 out of 5 stars Solid tech held back by crippling issues., November 24, 2013By SDMF (AR, USA) - See all my reviewsVerified Purchase(What's this?)This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)

Got mine on Friday. Ran the setup and installed updates with no problems. A friend of mine sent a party invite on Saturday. My Kinect was doing all the sound. The headset was not working at all. Today I powered on to watch a Blu-Ray and played Crimson Dragon and it was fine. I powered off for a bit and when I came back the controller would not sync with the console. Believing this to be the controller, my fiancee bought another one. That one also did not work. I've arranged to send my Day One back to Amazon and they are sending me a replacement. Everything was running fine until the controllers stopped working. They wouldn't sync nor work even when connected via USB to micro USB. Quite disappointing, really. Everything was fine for two days, but then just stopped. Kudos to Amazon for replacing it. Shame on MS for not doing better.

Edit 1- The replacement Amazon sent me lasted six days. In addition to the sensor that connects the controller to the console failing, the hard drive seems to have failed as evidenced by it failing to load games. The sensor failed immediately after. Amazon has sent me another replacement. He's hoping it actually lasts. The first one only lasted two days. The second one lasted six. Shame. I was having a lot of fun with Dead Rising 3.

Edit 2- My second replacement is being replaced. I received it 12/03 and ordered a replacement 01/09. The disc drive is only reading Blu-Rays about half the time. Microsoft tried telling me to replace my discs, but come on. It doesn't take a genius to know that the odds of SEVEN Blu-Rays going bad are FAR SMALLER than a One having issues, especially in my experience. When I inquired about the free game for having a One that had a disc drive failure, I was told that the program ended at the end of the year. Fail on Microsoft. Dropping my rating to two stars.

Now WHERE did I talk shit? Did I ever say anything to the nature of "Microsoft sucks," "Xbox sucks," etc? NO. You know how many Sony consoles I've ever owned? Zero. I did own a PSP-1000, but that's it. My wife is the Sony fan, and we will eventually have BOTH the One and a PS4. Guess which one we got first? The One.

SDMF_TrueBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SDMF_TrueBlue

Kingcrimson, my 360S has been great. I got it 11/12 and it has given me NO problems.

Back to the angry fan, try giving a look at my Xbox Live gamertag- SDMF TrueBlue. Take note of how long I've been on XBL and my gamerscore.

SpaceTrain31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By SpaceTrain31
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

Have you tried doing the updates? Most of the recent updates have fixed alot of the issues you describe.

SDMF_TrueBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SDMF_TrueBlue

@spacetrain31: Yep, I had it set to auto-update. Did the updates, did troubleshooting with MS, and we scheduled a replacement.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BattleSpectre

@SDMF_TrueBlue said:

Well Battle, I thought you were an intelligent gamer, but no, you're just eager to attack. And given that you are too lazy to bother to search, allow a copy and paste-

4 of 5 people found the following review helpful2.0 out of 5 stars Solid tech held back by crippling issues., November 24, 2013By SDMF (AR, USA) - See all my reviewsVerified Purchase(What's this?)This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)

Got mine on Friday. Ran the setup and installed updates with no problems. A friend of mine sent a party invite on Saturday. My Kinect was doing all the sound. The headset was not working at all. Today I powered on to watch a Blu-Ray and played Crimson Dragon and it was fine. I powered off for a bit and when I came back the controller would not sync with the console. Believing this to be the controller, my fiancee bought another one. That one also did not work. I've arranged to send my Day One back to Amazon and they are sending me a replacement. Everything was running fine until the controllers stopped working. They wouldn't sync nor work even when connected via USB to micro USB. Quite disappointing, really. Everything was fine for two days, but then just stopped. Kudos to Amazon for replacing it. Shame on MS for not doing better.

Edit 1- The replacement Amazon sent me lasted six days. In addition to the sensor that connects the controller to the console failing, the hard drive seems to have failed as evidenced by it failing to load games. The sensor failed immediately after. Amazon has sent me another replacement. He's hoping it actually lasts. The first one only lasted two days. The second one lasted six. Shame. I was having a lot of fun with Dead Rising 3.

Edit 2- My second replacement is being replaced. I received it 12/03 and ordered a replacement 01/09. The disc drive is only reading Blu-Rays about half the time. Microsoft tried telling me to replace my discs, but come on. It doesn't take a genius to know that the odds of SEVEN Blu-Rays going bad are FAR SMALLER than a One having issues, especially in my experience. When I inquired about the free game for having a One that had a disc drive failure, I was told that the program ended at the end of the year. Fail on Microsoft. Dropping my rating to two stars.

Now WHERE did I talk shit? Did I ever say anything to the nature of "Microsoft sucks," "Xbox sucks," etc? NO. You know how many Sony consoles I've ever owned? Zero. I did own a PSP-1000, but that's it. My wife is the Sony fan, and we will eventually have BOTH the One and a PS4. Guess which one we got first? The One.

Like I said if I'm wrong I sincerely apologise, but this just looks like troll bait to me regardless the reviews. Like I said I could join right this second on Amazon and create a negative review about any platform I don't like, and idiot fanboys will probably rate it up whether it's true or not.

You don't know me mate, so keep those opinions about me to yourself. But let me ask you something though, when you created this thread what exactly did you expect in return? None of us work for Microsoft and all we can do is offer our condolences which does nothing to fix the problem. What exactly do you want to hear or know?

SDMF_TrueBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SDMF_TrueBlue

Well, then you'll simply have to rely on evidence that it's an Amazon-verified review and my seven years on Xbox Live with a gamerscore of over 80k, of which over 3k comes from the One.

The point of creating this thread is twofold-

1. To find out what issues others have been having.

2. To see what can be done on my end. My means to the end are a One that lasts like my 360 has. I'd really like to be playing The New Order, but can't for the time being.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BattleSpectre

@SDMF_TrueBlue said:

Well, then you'll simply have to rely on evidence that it's an Amazon-verified review and my seven years on Xbox Live with a gamerscore of over 80k, of which over 3k comes from the One.

The point of creating this thread is twofold-

1. To find out what issues others have been having.

2. To see what can be done on my end. My means to the end are a One that lasts like my 360 has. I'd really like to be playing The New Order, but can't for the time being.

Well then I sincerely apologise. Honestly Microsoft or the store should compensate you for going through that many Xbox One's which is not acceptable. Perhaps by giving you credit or even some free games. Whatever the case may be, I hope your next Xbox One provides you a silky smooth experience.

SDMF_TrueBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SDMF_TrueBlue

And they are sending a replacement this week with a return label for $15, which I assume just covers the cost of shipping. Amazon has been great, but they didn't have any replacements (which I found sketchy because they had plenty of Ones in stock). Again, I think the rep I spoke with at MS was going to offer me Gold, but saw that I'm paid up for two years, so she didn't.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

This sounds especially odd. I have two Xbox Ones, I did have to return the second one because it was making a really odd high pitched noise that would get louder as the console got warmer, other than that, no issues.

I'd have to guess a power issue? I'm not sure you could just be that unlucky. Do you live in an older house/apartment? Maybe try a different outlet or if you can afford it call an electrician to check your outlet/power in the house. I lived in a 40 year old house I was renting that had electrical problems. Some idiot DIYer who rented thought it would be a good idea to "fix" something on his own and mixed copper with aluminum wiring which caused an outlet to throw sparks when we ran our garbage disposal. You never know what someone has done to a rental house that you can't see. Not only could it be damaging your stuff it could be dangerous.

About this being a fake, it seems so elaborate it would be so sad if it was a fake story made up to trash Xbox. That being said, the state of the Sony fanboy is so bad now that an Xbox fan has to be on the lookout for any waste of time they pull from their ass. God knows the mods will never do a thing, half of them seem to be in on it.

SDMF_TrueBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SDMF_TrueBlue

@mynamesdenvrmax: The house is a little older, probably ~30 years. I can have my future brother-in-law take a look at the electrical as he is an electrician's assistant.