Xbox One backwards compatability - what do you hope to play?

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Hey all,

So with the Backwards Compatibility update due to hit this year (I think next month?), I was curious as to what games you hope will make the first wave that you can play?

Personally I am hoping:

1). SSX - This game was pretty cool if memory serves me well but I did not really give it much time when it came out. I would not mind giving this another whirl. Things could be.... tricky if not (badum tish)

2). Red Dead Redemption - assuming the DLC will be included if you bought it, I have not really played any of the Halloween themed DLC and hopefully with it being on the backwards compatibility list (hopefully), others I know may pick it up then we can do some co-op.

3). Mass Effect 3 - finished the second game and loved it, got the third game then got put off with all the hate it was getting. I want to give this another chance just to experience more of a really good space RPG game.

There are others (Burnout for instance) but I want to hear what you think before I list more. Anything you feel you really want to go back to or hope is on the list so others may try it for the first time?

pathofneo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By pathofneo99
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts

To be honest I'm not really a fan of them coming out screaming BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY when they'll probably only have a few key titles and loads of indies available soon. I feel like their strategically only going to give us what's popular and in high demand, but will miss out on loads of mid-tier games that were made before 2010 (you know, the 'bulk' of the system), so I'll evitably have to keep ahold of a spare 360 for the road. A nice attempt to gain back customer trust, but not for collectors such as myself. Will they even play at 1:1 quality with no hit in graphics/performance? I heard their supposed to scale some games but I dunno..when you don't run it native sometime it ends up screwy. But I could be wrong so I'll reserve my judgement for now.

SSX and Red Dead Redemption sound nice.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6099 Posts

Halo:Reach

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Rockstar and Konami are part of the list of publishers that are not signed up with BC. :(

I actually am not hoping to play any BC on my Xbone since I still play my 360s.

To be honest, I don't want to wear and tear my modern generation Xbone playing older last gen emulated (sometimes roughly, as emulated games see hits in graphics/performance) 360 games.

Before I'm quoted, I will say that I felt the same way about BC on the 360 last gen (360 was 50%-ish BC with Xbox 1 OG). I felt the same way about other console BC as well (PS2, Atari, Genesis, Wii, PS3, Wii U, etc) in the decades past.

I buy these new machines to really check out the new experiences that are afforded to new hardware. To each their own of course.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

The main ones I want (but I'm not holding my breath) are Orange Box, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect Trilogy, Bioshock 1 & Infinite.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I'd like to keep working on my 360 backlog when possible. Read Dead Redemption and LA Noire(some of my favorites, and for some reason I didn't finish them), and Lords of Shadow 2. I'm sure there is a lot more but those would be my top 3, hopefully they make it to the BC list.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Condemned Never completed it and still on my shelf.

supermeatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 supermeatman
Member since 2015 • 68 Posts

Monopoly, although I imagine online would be beyond dead.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Alucard_Prime

@skipper847: Wow that is one of the first games I got for my 360 and I never finished it, totally forgot about it thanks for the reminder ....great horror game with numerous combat moves

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Mainly Gears and Halo.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Bioshock!! and I really wanted some time with fallout 3 before the release of fallout 4 but alas it will not be.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#13 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I want to play Mafia II, my copy never worked on my 360 (the floor disappeared and everything fell through) and finish L.A. Noire

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

I want to play Star Trek Legacy and Battlestations Pacific.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

I played Mass Effect 1 during the preview period, so I'm hoping ME2 & 3 are included. After that I'd probably have to say Bioshock: Infinite tops my list, one of the few AAA's on the 360 that I never had the time to play. Wouldn't mind seeing some cult hits like Deadly Premonition and Defiance as well.

robdacool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 robdacool
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts

I know fallout 3 will be BC -but I am hoping Fallout New Vegas is also as I've yet to play that game.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alucard_Prime

@robdacool: NV was amazing, the only problem it had for me was the numerous bugs at launch.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Orange Box

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#19 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I wonder how DLC will work with the backwards compatible games, as I have DLC for Fallout 3 that I haven't played and wanted to

Vanguardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#20 Vanguardian
Member since 2015 • 15 Posts

I'm glad they've got the first Mass Effect and Fallout 3 on the list, but I'm hoping to play the other Mass Effect games and New Vegas at some point, as well.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I would like some of the xbox live Arcade titles: Deathspank Series, Renegade Ops, and Burnout Crash. Then: Burnout series, Red Dead Revolver, Battlestations, LA Noire, SSX, Left For Dead Series, Crackdown Series, Mass Effect 3.

Just pumped to add more games to my xbox one library and play some games I missed out on.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

@Garfield360UK:
The huge backlog of EA games I never played when they are put into the Vault.

jim1174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jim1174
Member since 2003 • 301 Posts

I would love to play some of the 360 kinect games but MS wont allow it