Xbox live wont work!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Runcorn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Runcorn92
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts

Hey folks,

A few weeks ago i recieved an xbox live gold trial. So i got an xbox wireless modem for it and for a month i had great fun playing online. Recently however my trial expired, however i was still able to go onto the marketplace. Until the otherday. Now xbox live wont connect. When i test my connection it says that the wireless modem is not connected to broadband. So although it aknowledges the wireless modem, it doesn't work. So i thought that this might be because my trial expired, so i bought a 12 month subscription to xbox live. However once again i am experiencing the same problem, not even connecting to xbox live.

I am really confused because the first time i played Xbox live it was a simple matter of plug in and play. Now though it is a different story. Nothing in my house has changed that could interfere with my wireless connection. My broadband still works fine, and the wireless modem is still in perfect condition.

All of the troubleshooting solutions i have looked at don't work. I even tried using a USB drive to get the modem settings from my pc to Xbox, with no success though.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I don't know what to try and i would be very grateful if anyone could post any useful suggestions in how to fix this.

Thanks very much.

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
PHONE T3H MICROSAWFT!!! Or e-mail them. This isn't the best place to ask for tech advice when it comes to the internet. Look in the tech forums, here and on xbox.com. I wouldn't advise intense googling either. Google seems to know what you're looking for, and purposefully not search for it.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
Check your router settings and make sure your not on a 56k modem.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

Check your router settings and make sure your not on a 56k modem. APOLLOCJD

lol i dont think they make many 56k routers that support wireless

dont phone microsoft they wont help since its a obvious issue with your router.

what you can do though is phone your routers company and get them to help trouble shoot it for you.

if any of your friends have the same wireless adapter maybe get them to come over and test they adapters and see if its the adapters fault. but sounds like a router issue.

have you moved your xbox or your router to a new place in your house? just the extra distance may also cause a problem with connections. to toruble shoot it id suggest moving ur xbox to the same room as your router to rule this out

Runcorn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Runcorn92

Thanks very much for reading and replying. I will try your suggestions. I moved the Xbox into the very same room as the modem on my PC and it still wouldn't connect. Like i said in my previous post nothing has changed in any way that could manipulate the signal at all. Also i'm going to get a new modem. I think that my current one may not be strong enough to detect the wireless modem on the Xbox.

Once again thanks for your suggestions.

killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts

1. Make sure that no other computers are connected to the router. As more than 4 pcs on a router may block out the IP address that was assigned to your 360.

2. Make sure you reconfigure your router settings on your 360 config. panel. If you have to do it manually, do it manually. Just get all the info. about your router and plug it into the config. panel, and there your go.

Deominator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Deominator
Member since 2003 • 852 Posts
Yeah, and it wouldn't hurt to reset everything. Sometimes power cycling the stuff gets it working again, but you probably already did that! I think everyone else pretty much covered the other topics. Out of curiosity, does Live let you sign in and immediately kick you out? I've seen that a few times before and people have had to make new accounts in those cases. It's some kind f XBOX Live issue when that happens.
Deominator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Deominator
Member since 2003 • 852 Posts
Ok, went back and reread. It's for sure either your adapter or your router.
satec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 satec
Member since 2003 • 140 Posts
My head hurts from your poor terminology. None of the things which you referred to as a modem are a modem. The wireless adapter is connected to your 360, which connects to your wireless router, which connects to your modem (unless you have a router and a modem in one) which connects to your broadband Internet. The problem is between your wifi adapter and your router, one of them is configured incorrectly. Try calling MS support, they can at least help you find the problem.
Runcorn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Runcorn92
Ok once again i am very grateful for your responses. I will try these suggestions. O and sorry Satec if i was not using the correct terminology, but i am an amatuer in these things. But thanks for still aknowledging my plea.