Xbox Live Router Won't Connect

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

User Lists: 0

#1 BanjoMumbo
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

I've followed every single instruction on the Microsoft support page on the internet, and still it won't connect when trying to reach connection from a wired Linksys router. I have my Xbox 360, modem, and PC connected to the wired router.

For some reason, Xbox Live will not connect. It will not work simultaneously with the PC's internet. I have internet through my Cable company, and the Xbox 360 is in the same room as the wired router, modem, and PC.

Could somebody please help me with this? :?

WPxPaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 WPxPaladin
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Is the router configured for DHCP? If so do you know the 360s IP?

BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BanjoMumbo

Is the router configured for DHCP? If so do you know the 360s IP?

WPxPaladin

Yes I know my Xbox 360's IP address, sorry but I don't know what you're talking about with "DHCP."

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 subyman
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

Does it pass the network test but not connect to the internet or is it not connecting to your router at all?

BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BanjoMumbo

Does it pass the network test but not connect to the internet or is it not connecting to your router at all?

subyman

It doesn't even pass the network test, I can only connect to the PC's internet. I can only connect to Xbox Live if the PC is turned completely off, I cannot use them simultaneously.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 subyman
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

So let me get this straight, if you turn your PC off the 360 passes the network test and connects to the internet allowing you to play on live?

What error does it give you when the PC is on? "Cannot obtain IP address from router"?

BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BanjoMumbo

So let me get this straight, if you turn your PC off the 360 passes the network test and connects to the internet allowing you to play on live?

What error does it give you when the PC is on? "Cannot obtain IP address from router"?

subyman

"Problem with Connection." I can't use the PC's internet at the same I'm using Xbox Live.

WPxPaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 WPxPaladin
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

If you don't know what DHCP is I can assume you didn't configure this router, clearly itsa routing issue with what you have said here. Most Linksys routers should be able to connect right out of the box, at the very least you can open ports and forward them to the Xbox. I personally assigned the IP manually (Static IP)to my 360 and forward the ports required for Xbox live to it. The only real purpose of that for me is being able to host games.