xbox live router suggestions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crocs27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crocs27
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I'm trying to hook up my nephew's xbox live service and was hoping to get some advise here. We are looking for a wireless router with his xbox 360 upstairs and the computer terminal being on the main level. Yesterday we got the linksys WRT100 and couldn't set it up to save our lives. (I have a set up at my house with a linksys and setup was a breeze) He is running Verizon DSL. Any suggestions for this hookup....Thanks
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
The first party one has worked perfectly for me. Just a little pricey. It'll run you 99$.
crocs27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 crocs27
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I actually have that to receive the signal. I'm looking for the router to put out the signal.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
Oh, then i use a linksys too with a moterolla modem. Works great.
Joseph881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Joseph881
Member since 2004 • 1184 Posts
Get a WRT54G (get the GL if you can find it). It's one of the best, if not THE BEST routers out there.
bossjimbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 bossjimbob
Member since 2002 • 2610 Posts

I'm trying to hook up my nephew's xbox live service and was hoping to get some advise here. We are looking for a wireless router with his xbox 360 upstairs and the computer terminal being on the main level. Yesterday we got the linksys WRT100 and couldn't set it up to save our lives. (I have a set up at my house with a linksys and setup was a breeze) He is running Verizon DSL. Any suggestions for this hookup....Thankscrocs27

I just set up the WRT100 at my house. It took some tinkering, but after I plugged in all the same setup info that was in my old router all I had to do was reboot my cable modem and the router and it all worked fine. I've got my 360, PS3, and Wii connected to it. Having some slight troubles with my PSP but that thing's a pain to configure properly.

Good luck getting your network set up.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
I'm trying to hook up my nephew's xbox live service and was hoping to get some advise here. We are looking for a wireless router with his xbox 360 upstairs and the computer terminal being on the main level. Yesterday we got the linksys WRT100 and couldn't set it up to save our lives. (I have a set up at my house with a linksys and setup was a breeze) He is running Verizon DSL. Any suggestions for this hookup....Thankscrocs27
I don`t see that router on the list of compatible routers, maybe that`s your problem.