Xbox live name question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts

I made my gamertag already on Xbox.com. I don't have an Xbox yet. I want to change my gamertag. Can I do this?:

First I make up a random hotmail account. When I get Xbox sign in as my gamertag I go to switch windows live ID. I change my ID to the random hotmail account. I then delete my account from the 360. Then could I make a new account with my new name and start playing on XBL? Another thing. How do you use the free 1 month trial? Does it automatically go to the first account you sign in with, or does the Xbox come with a card or something that you can register at any time? Any help is appreciated.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 brandontwb
bump
Avatar image for Ticket-IVIaster
Ticket-IVIaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ticket-IVIaster
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts
f you wanna change your gt its like 800 microsoft points. idk how much cash that is
KUHawksFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KUHawksFan
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts

800 MS points is $10, but you have to buy 1000 of them which is $12.50.

The Xbox will give you the option to add the one month trial when making an Xbox Live account.

No card.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brandontwb

I know I can spend 10 dollars. But I don't want to. I am asking if you can do what I said. And if there's no card, is there a way I can get the trial aon my new account?

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
I don't think so because what you said made no sense
Donsavant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Donsavant
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

I don't know for sure, but I think the cost to change your gamertag is just so you can keep all your old stats/gamerscore with a new name and since you don't have a 360 yet that really wouldn't matter to you. I would think you could just make another email account and make a new gamertag no problem.

Edit- and the free trial comes with your Xbox, After you pick your gamertag and whatever while setting xbox live up on your 360, pick a silver account and then the system will tell you, btw you get a free 1 month of gold, here you go.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 brandontwb

I don't know for sure, but I think the cost to change your gamertag is just so you can keep all your old stats/gamerscore with a new name and since you don't have a 360 yet that really wouldn't matter to you. I would think you could just make another email account and make a new gamertag no problem.

Edit- and the free trial comes with your Xbox, After you pick your gamertag and whatever while setting xbox live up on your 360, pick a silver account and then the system will tell you, btw you get a free 1 month of gold, here you go.

Donsavant
So I pick a silver account. And when I get my new gamertag I can choose then to get the 1 free month of gold? Also, I want to keep my email with my new gamertag. So do you think I could change my current gamertag'semail to something else and delete it from my xbox, and then make a new gamertag with my email? And still get the gold with my new gamertag?
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts
[QUOTE="Donsavant"]

brandontwb

So I pick a silver account. And when I get my new gamertag I can choose then to get the 1 free month of gold? Also, I want to keep my email with my new gamertag. So do you think I could change my current gamertag'semail to something else and delete it from my xbox, and then make a new gamertag with my email? And still get the gold with my new gamertag?

I think i understand what your saying, your saying you havent actually started an xbox live gold account, but have the account name and email attached through windows live id and are wondering if you can now change it before starting a gold account?

If thats right you can just make a new email and make a new silver account, you'd have to add it to your xbox through the dashboard but it can work

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brandontwb

But I want the email address that I already have registered to be on my new one! Is that possible? And I can stll get 1 month of gold free?

destef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 destef
Member since 2004 • 435 Posts
NO