• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ninetynero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 ninetynero
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
are they ever going to make xbx live free?
TR3boii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TR3boii
Member since 2007 • 376 Posts

this is getting ridiculous.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

NEVER!!!!!

in other words.

it won't happen

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
If it was free they would have announced it. Since they haven't nope. The search feature is a very good thing.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
no
coreymx2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 coreymx2006
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts
nopes .
DarkDemon91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 DarkDemon91
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts
Nope.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
no, microsoft won't stop selling it, until people stop paying for it. why would people stop selling it when they make money off of it.
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
It is highly unlikely that Xbox Live will ever be free of charge!
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
no, but it should be..
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Yes. Oh, wait I meant no.
sonynhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 sonynhater
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts
this is like the tenth post i've seen like this...
kyrissbp82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kyrissbp82
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts
Let's see, MS charges for Live, people pay, MS makes money, MS Likes money... NOPE! STOP MAKING THESE THREADS.
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
No. In fact, I hear they are raising it to $60/year.
R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
like others have said why would they make it free if they are making a lot of money of it. like others have also said there are too many threads like this. and also before anyone complains and says psn is free, really would people actually pay for psn? they pay for live because its actually a good service. i have played ps3 online ONCE yup once. and ive had my ps3 for about 6 months now.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

why would you want to have it free? its the best of the three console online services because of the fact that its funded I think

plus because its a premium product that people pay for microsoft cant just turn around and say tough luck when sumin goes wrong because youve paid for the right to use it therefore microsoft have a contract with you to provide that service

if you are having that much trouble affording it go out and get a job to pay for it, nothing else i can suggest

Lash540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lash540
Member since 2003 • 489 Posts
No. In fact, I hear they are raising it to $60/year.jstarzyk
its always been $60/year , ever since it first started I would know I pay yearly cause it saves you quite a bit of money.
Lash540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lash540
Member since 2003 • 489 Posts
Its funny how people complain about $5-7/month with tax already included... its the price of a meal at McDonalds... if you can't afford that then stop smoking the dro and get a job join the military or something.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
are they ever going to make xbx live free?ninetynero
plz stop making posts like this. The answer is never, people would still buy it if it was $100 a yr.
theunloved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 theunloved
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts
It'll be free when Xbox 360s are free lol.
Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
if xbox live went free, all of a sudden people would get so pissed because the $60 just added to their time would be a complete waste
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts
no
ROBBYBEAR1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 ROBBYBEAR1985
Member since 2008 • 564 Posts
I have already heard this explained once. Xbox Live has dedicated servers and even if games get old you will still have a server for those games years later. It's actually not a bad deal at $20 for three months when you look at all the features you get.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
yes they are going to make it free to noobs who make threads like this
sk8erscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sk8erscott
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
not think thats happening any time sooner they are making good money n gamers are happy with the qualty of the online gaming ..so why stop???
maxmax1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 maxmax1234
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

this is like the tenth post i've seen like this...sonynhater

Thats one,

or number to, i need to say i would like to see it for free, cause them made xbox live for the PC free to, so its a matter of time people sad, but there making hell-a-lot of money on it, so they probably wont make it free.

Tony_McFarlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tony_McFarlane
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

nop

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5720 Posts
I have already heard this explained once. Xbox Live has dedicated servers and even if games get old you will still have a server for those games years later. It's actually not a bad deal at $20 for three months when you look at all the features you get.ROBBYBEAR1985
Um, no. It doesn't. The connections are peer to peer. So you're paying to use your own bandwith which you are already paying for anyway. Wow, what a great deal. I would gladly pay for dedicated servers, but this is ridiculous.
Wedge598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 Wedge598
Member since 2003 • 1263 Posts

It's partially free right now. Through the month of December it's free to play some of the palor games. I've got a silver membership and both UNO and Hearts are playable online this month. Not sure what other games it covers but I believe the promotion is to get people interested in the Avatar games.

WardCleaver02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WardCleaver02
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

How do the people who say that Live will "never" be free know this? Have they been privy to some MS inter-office memo?

I hope that it is never made free. For all the complaints about whiney kids, racists, etc on Live, think about how that would increase if everbody and their mother could play on Live.

armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
No. In fact, I hear they are raising it to $60/year.jstarzyk
bullcrap they better not im not too fond of paying as it is even if it is worth the fifty bucks
AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#32 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
I'd like it to be free but it's not But you get your money's worth
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
are they ever going to make xbx live free?ninetynero
I'm sorry but this is asked way too much, but to put it simply here is one word to answer for me. NO.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
no, but it should be..LP4EVA2005
Why should it be? Just because another company makes their's free and because you want it to be doesn't mean it should be.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dukebd699
[QUOTE="jstarzyk"]No. In fact, I hear they are raising it to $60/year.Lash540
its always been $60/year , ever since it first started I would know I pay yearly cause it saves you quite a bit of money.

It's 50 a year. Unless you aren't in the states which is what I'm assuming.
GORDONA3RIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 GORDONA3RIP
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts
i wish they would
Temtamperu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Temtamperu
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts
I feel cheated as I pay the same as an american, but I dont get all the features such as netflix or TV shows. a few (3 at mst) demos a month and little kiddies spurting crepe over a microphone is all i get thats not worth the 69 euro a year imo.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]no, but it should be..dukebd699
Why should it be? Just because another company makes their's free and because you want it to be doesn't mean it should be.

I enjoy paying for the one simple fact that the XBL community is pretty bad in some games now think about how bad it'll be when anyone can create a free account just to mess with people.

Icehearted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Icehearted
Member since 2004 • 1461 Posts

I feel cheated as I pay the same as an american, but I dont get all the features such as netflix or TV shows. a few (3 at mst) demos a month and little kiddies spurting crepe over a microphone is all i get thats not worth the 69 euro a year imo.Temtamperu

You should feel cheated. If nothing else it looks like a half-hearted attempt to shovel out whatever they can to squeeze you for money with the least amount of products. I'm sure that the features you're missing out on can be enabled if they put forth the effort, but effort means work, and they would rather spend as little on that as the can to optimise profit. On top of which, for every one of you unwilling to pay, two are, and that's good enough for them to warrant ignoring you.

Chalk it up to a population willing to get whatever table-scraps they're fed for a premium. People are terrible spenders, and good business knows how to exploit that.

Edit: Oh, and it's hillarious that some of you think payment is a deterrent for bad players. I'm actually pretty good, and a fee is only one of two reasons why I don't bother. Think paying even more than that deters bad WoW players? What about bad XBL players? Being good at something doesn't meant you'd be willing to pay to do it.

Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
No, and if you cant afford $50 a YEAR then you need to stop playing.
Avatar image for a_beautiful_lie
a_beautiful_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 a_beautiful_lie
Member since 2003 • 507 Posts
50/year for what for me has been an incredibly stable multiplayer experience doesn't seem that bad to me. Obviously I would prefer it free, but I don't think the current pricetag is that bad.
Temtamperu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Temtamperu
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts
Quick Question, is Windows Live free?
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
lets stop with these topics cause they wont make it free and if they did it wouldnt be good at all. Also $50 a year is not that much.
Icehearted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Icehearted

Quick Question, is Windows Live free?Temtamperu

Indeedy. PC gamers have a choice to play elsewhere if they don't like the fees, and I think MS knows it. Imagine if XBL had competition on the Xbox 360. No more monopoly? Better service, smaller (or no) fee? Better rule enforcement?

I'm sorry, I digress. It's free. I think I read only temporarily though.:)

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dukebd699

[QUOTE="Temtamperu"]I feel cheated as I pay the same as an american, but I dont get all the features such as netflix or TV shows. a few (3 at mst) demos a month and little kiddies spurting crepe over a microphone is all i get thats not worth the 69 euro a year imo.Icehearted

You should feel cheated. If nothing else it looks like a half-hearted attempt to shovel out whatever they can to squeeze you for money with the least amount of products. I'm sure that the features you're missing out on can be enabled if they put forth the effort, but effort means work, and they would rather spend as little on that as the can to optimise profit. On top of which, for every one of you unwilling to pay, two are, and that's good enough for them to warrant ignoring you.

Chalk it up to a population willing to get whatever table-scraps they're fed for a premium. People are terrible spenders, and good business knows how to exploit that.

Edit: Oh, and it's hillarious that some of you think payment is a deterrent for bad players. I'm actually pretty good, and a fee is only one of two reasons why I don't bother. Think paying even more than that deters bad WoW players? What about bad XBL players? Being good at something doesn't meant you'd be willing to pay to do it.

I've actually never heard that last argument before. The argument is that it keeps little kids off who don't have 50 dollars and don't have to scream into their mics all the time. Also, MS never had Video marketplace and Netflix originally so yes he should feel cheated but what he's paying for, was what everyone used to be paying for so it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dukebd699

[QUOTE="Temtamperu"]Quick Question, is Windows Live free?Icehearted

Indeedy. PC gamers have a choice to play elsewhere if they don't like the fees, and I think MS knows it. Imagine if XBL had competition on the Xbox 360. No more monopoly? Better service, smaller (or no) fee? Better rule enforcement?

Did you really just say what if MS had competition on the 360? Was that supposed to make us laugh? 1. They do have competition, it's called the PS3. 2. Yes, and if XBL had competition ON THEIR OWN CONSOLE which should also imagine Halo being on the PS3.
Icehearted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Icehearted
[QUOTE="Icehearted"]

[QUOTE="Temtamperu"]Quick Question, is Windows Live free?dukebd699

Did you really just say what if MS had competition on the 360? Was that supposed to make us laugh? 1. They do have competition, it's called the PS3. 2. Yes, and if XBL had competition ON THEIR OWN CONSOLE which should also imagine Halo being on the PS3.

I think you completely missed the ball, or even the ballpark on that one, kiddo. The PS3 is not competeing with XBL. Sony has no online service on the Xbox 360. Computers have a pretty broad amount of competing companies, on the other hand. Also, sentence 2 didn't make any sense:P

xileas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xileas
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
No, otherwise the service would be as crappy as the PSNetwork....someone has to pay for the people that maintain the servers...
Icehearted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Icehearted
No, otherwise the service would be as crappy as the PSNetwork....someone has to pay for the people that maintain the servers...xileas
I was wondering if someone would say that. I don't really recall hearing too many things about Soul Caliber 4 on the PS3, but I know that on XBL it's very laggy, as is GeOW2. I regularly see the service go down (once every couple of months), and on holidays (remember last December/January?) it died for a lot of people for weeks. Doesn't look like that money's really going toward a reliable service either. On the other hand, I've played lots of other games and used many other online services that have never had these kinds of problems with such severity or regularity.