Xbox Live doesn't connect on start up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xXCombatWombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 xXCombatWombat
Member since 2009 • 1529 Posts

How come when i turn my xbox on it doesn;t connect automatically. I have to manually connect it for a few minutes first. My internet on my computer will work just fine but my xbox i have to tinker with. what should i do?

xXCombatWombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xXCombatWombat

bump

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

go to your profile and sign in preferences, turn on auto sign in. if its already on, turn it off. turn off your console, turn it back on and manually sign in then set the auto sign in to on

x_bLiZzArD_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 x_bLiZzArD_x
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
if you have 'xbox live pass code' enabled in preferences you'll have to put in the 4 digit code every time when you start up to connect to xbox live
xXCombatWombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xXCombatWombat

I just put security on my xbox and updated my router etc. but it still doesnt connect when i turn my xbox on. what gives? My laptop works all the time, yet my xbox i have to frantically test connection until im lucky enough to connect. do i have any ways of troubleshooting this?

x_bLiZzArD_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 x_bLiZzArD_x
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I just put security on my xbox and updated my router etc. but it still doesnt connect when i turn my xbox on. what gives? My laptop works all the time, yet my xbox i have to frantically test connection until im lucky enough to connect. do i have any ways of troubleshooting this?

xXCombatWombat
what do you mean by security? if you have the pass code enabled you have to enter it in to sign in. when you start your xbox up, go to your profile and click connect to xbox live, then if it asks you to put in a 4-digit pass code, thats why it won't connect straight away. if you have it enabled you'll have to put it in everytime you start your xbox up. it got so annoying for me i just disabled it. OR if you have to keep trying to 'test connection' to sign in, it could be a problem with your internet. has it always been like this? my internet is **** but it still connects everytime.
pmnvdg91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pmnvdg91
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
This is only if you connect through wi-fi and not with Ethernet cable!!! Updated your router? As in changed the SSID and put either WPA or WEP? If you updated your router and added either a WEP or WPA password on it and you're using your 360 with wi-fi, it will NOT connect to xbl automatically simply because the 360 can hold multiple profiles. Putting a WEP or WPA on your router prevents other people/things/profiles from accessing you're router settings --> you have to manually sign in on live (press guide > connect to xbl). Make sure you also go to System Settings -> Network Settings -> Configure Settings/Scan -> Type in your router's SSID and WEP/WPA key. If you use MULTIPLE PROFILES on your xbox, those profiles will have to be configured to your locked router (you have to put in your WEP, WPA for each profile you want to connect to live with through your router). If you use an ETHERNET cable to connect to live --- THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YA :P Hope this helped xp
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

Funny how few people know how to setup a proper home network...

djsift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 djsift
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I have the same problem, and I don't connect using WiFi... it's hard wired ethernet and it's been happening for 6+ months. I was hoping the fall update would fix it, but still same issue. I got Kinect and problem still exists. I have to choose "TEST INTERNET CONNECTION" and then it will verify the network, then XBOX live, and then I'll sign it. It used to auto connect to XBOX Live. Every blue moon it will connect automatically on it's own, but the majority of the time I have to test connection before it works. It's fine after that until I restart my XBOX360, then the issue reoccurs until I TEST connection. I have this computer, a laptop and iPod Touch that all connect with no issues, both wired/wireless...Xbox Live has issues...Pain in the ass... any help is appreciated.
stuarthanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stuarthanley
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts

I've noticed that no one has posted on this topic since January but I've had this same issue for nearly 6 months.

When I switch on the Xbox, it states that I am disconnected to Xbox Live. When I try to connect, it ALWAYS throws up an error. I then have to go to Test Connection, sign out of my profile, run the test (which ALWAYS states that the connection is perfect), then re-sign in to my profile to get onto LIVE.

My 360 is in my routers DMZ, there are no issues with my modem/router/anything else connected to them. My PS3 signs in 100% everytime and everything in my household is on static IP addresses. I have everything WEP coded too.

Xbox Support (there's an Oxymoron!) can't find anything wrong because when the tests are run, it signs in perfectly. They are just happy to blame my ISP.

Ivanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ivanks
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Exactly the same case =(
madboy2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 madboy2u
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I have had the same exasperating issue since last year, searched everywhere couldn't find a solution, tried resetting my modem to no avail, till today, had a gremlin in the network, either modem or the IP. Either way, somehow completely reset my netgear modem to band new, even to the point of having to use Ethernet to reenter IP password, everything was wiped clean, in doing so somehow 360 connects straightaway now. Joined up today to pass it on. Obviously my previous attempts of resetting modem weren't intrusive enough. Must have had conflicts and now there gone. Sounds simple but was so excited that I restarted 360 bout 5 times just to feel that elation of not having to test connection then resign in.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#13 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

"While signed into your profile, press the guide button and go to the settings table. Go to where it says profile, and then go down to where it says Auto Sign-In."

Source:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24801/t1354025-how-to-sign-in-automatically/

I would have personally done this and told you how to fix it, but my little brother is playing on the Xbox since it is the weekend.

stuarthanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stuarthanley
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts

Auto sign in is enabled. That isn't the issue we are talking about.

Avatar image for Fallout3fan0330
Fallout3fan0330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fallout3fan0330
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

sounds like an IP address conflict.

slyguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slyguy65
Member since 2007 • 2327 Posts

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION

Atleast i hope for some of you i have...i had this same issue for a couple days while trying to set up a static IP for better NAT and i found out you have to have the IP and the DNS put in manually perhaps for some sort of verfication?

EITHER WAY just go to your router page and type in the primary and secondary DNS manually under the IP setup after that it should work

P.S if you messed with anything in the advanced section....undo it put that stuff to automatic and make sure you put down the right stuff for static IP (and make sure it doesnt conflict with any other devices... recommend making the last digit 100 or something past that)

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I currently have this problem, my LIVE only works after I power cycle my modem/router. It used to connect auto, but it doesn't anymore, even though my 3 computers in the house work fine.

DanielAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DanielAnderson
how do i disable the 4 digit code when i go to sign in to my profile cheers ??
DarthDookie1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DarthDookie1
IVE FOUND A FIX!! After 2 constant hours of struggling, I've figured it out! Basically, you just have to access your gateway (type 192.168.1.1 into your browser) and change the Client Lease Time/ Idle Timeout (depending on your router) to 999. Since i have Linksys, it shows as Client Lease Time on the Basic Setup page, so mine was previously set to '0', all i did was simply change it to 999 and pressed save changes at the bottom and it worked!! Its also recommended that you update your routers firmware :D
raelxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 raelxx
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

@DarthDookie1: Mine is set to 1440 minutes. So it didn't work for me. I'll try the fixed IP later.

donlogan999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 donlogan999
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVSBJl56og

donlogan999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points